Author Topic: This is not about Movies or TV  (Read 3970 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: This is not about Movies or TV
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 07:24:22 PM »
I loved Mr. Bean (and his teddy) but I am pretending that the American movie was just a figment of my fevered imagination.  I saw Brittas Empire and enjoyed it.  As for "It ain't 'alf Hot, Mum," I've never heard of it.  Who was in it?  What was it about?  

Oh, and Rimmer (or at least Chris Barrie) had a tiny part in the Tomb Raider film and is expected to be back in part 2.

Black, his gloves of finest wool,
Black, his codpiece made of metal.
His hat is blacker than a hole,
His boots are blacker than his saddle.
Blackaaadder, Blackaaadder,
with many a cunning plaaan
Blackaaadder, Blackaaadder,
You nasty little maaan.......
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 07:40:15 PM »
I hope Rowan Atkinson continues to churn out quality work and that he avoids the potential career suicide of taking a bit part in a godawful AMerican film like Tom Baker did in Dungeons & Dragons.  oh, wait...... Scooby Doo!!!  Damn you, Doo, damn you!

The problem with that is.... well he has. The Mr. Bean movie was very poor. (I wanted to laugh, I really did). And then there was Rat Race. Rat Race is about the biggest waste of time I have EVER experienced. Well, at least in the last year. I also Legend.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 02:30:41 AM »
He has Johnny English coming out soon, which I want to like but I'm scared of. As has been pointed out, he has an abysmal record with American movies.

What about the show "Yes, Prime Minister"? I bet it's ten times funnier if you have a solid understanding of British politics, but even to me uninitiated Yankee mind it's incredibly hilarious.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2003, 04:54:29 AM »
not really fell. what made it so funny for us british is that many MP's and civil servants really are like that. That and the jokes.

Oh and i like how we are all talking about British stuff. Yet another area in which britain is superior to USA. give respect.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2003, 04:56:08 AM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch