Author Topic: DVD Mania  (Read 3961 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Mania
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2003, 09:24:26 PM »
ATTENTION!!  Make sure you get the DVD version of Buckaroo Banzai!!  The DVD is jam-packed with special features that go a LONG way to making this eccentric Doc Savage wannabe a worthwhile film.  You get character biographies, notes from the Banzai Society, lots of expose' type stuff, and "making of" documentaries (done with the mindset that the world of Buckaroo is real and that the movie is just a recreation of their actual adventures).

The best add-on, though, is the one that lets you watch the film with "subtitles" from Pinky Carruthers (Buck's fact-gatherer) who lets you in on all the "secrets" of the Banzai world.  And that web address that flashes on sometimes"  Well, it is real.  Go to the address they show you and you will be pleasantly surprised.

This might just rate as one of the best DVD values of all time.  Just go out and buy the danged thing, okay?  I promise you'll love it, fair dinkum.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Mania
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2003, 03:30:53 PM »
I didn't see anyone comment on when Spirited Away (plus other things I guess) was going to get a DVD release, so I did a quick Google search and I got a date of April 15th. I didn't keep track of the link, so don't quote me on it. Should be something like that though.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster