Author Topic: Baited breath  (Read 8385 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Baited breath
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2003, 04:40:24 PM »
Yes, you're right. The Diorama is actually a collection or real people being tortured for my amusement. I want hte actor who PLAYED Nightcrawler. Not the action figure.

Seriously, it actually isn't really a diorama. It's more just all my action figures posed, though most of them are set up to be interacting with at least two or three others. For example, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and Darth Maul are in a rumble against Luke, Quigon, and Mace Windu; and Spider Man is swinging in to save a perpetually grinning MJ from  a threatening Venom while the OTHER spidey, the Scarlet Spider, and Daredevil form an uneasy alliance with Venom to battle some mysterious force no one can see but is vaguely over my head somethere (they're all shooting/looking at something up in the air). I really have no excuse for the X-Men though, they're merely lined up in a way that seems balanced and pleasing to me around Prof X (Logan, Storm, and Rogue on one side, with Jean, Cyclops, and Mystique on the other -- no idea where I'll put Nightcrawler when/if I get him).

</tmi>

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2003, 05:06:47 PM »
If someone were ever to write your diorama as a comic book, it would be the ULTIMATE crossover, Saint.  Hands down.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2003, 05:56:04 PM »
Mr. P, I laugh out loud every time I see your signature. Just thought I'd let you know.

I have a collection of superheroes on my desk, but right now it looks like they're all fighting against a horrid combination of a giant plastic bag and malaise. Mainly because I haven't set them up yet.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2003, 07:25:25 PM »
Currently I have a stuffed duck in a raincoat holding a carrot that sings and dances to "Splish Splash" when you press his hand.

It was an Easter gift from my mom.  Still don't know why she got it or what to do with it.

@Fell:  Thanks! Even with the normal hilarity of Spriggan's typos, this one took the cake.  You're a laugh a minute, Sprig!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2003, 07:35:19 PM »
I have an 18" Godzilla whose hand fires when you press his elbow. I'll match him up against your duck anyday.

I really need to take pictures and post them somewhere. I have the coolest desk in the universe. Between the "Masked Platypus" on my computer monitor to the Simpsons stack dolls (purchased in Moscow) to the Battle Toad, I exudes nerliness.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2003, 08:38:58 PM »
You have a Battletoad!

As in the guys from the old NES game that absolutely ruled?

If so, I bow to the power of your diorama.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2003, 08:48:14 PM »
Yes, as in those battle toads. He's not doing much as it is. mostly just holding his gun backward and pointing in anger vaguely at the ceiling. I ran out of space and other figures for him to interact with. Perhaps I could put him up agains the little bot thing that I have, or combat Jango Fett, who's not doing anything but climbing the cube wall.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2003, 09:16:09 PM »
I have a few lil' dudes on my desk that I like to play with when nobody is looking (although I would simply deny it).  I have Dexter Jettster, Gimli, and Popeye the Sailor.  They are my Warriors Three, wandering the land far and wide in search of nasties to defeat and vile-tempered old women to help across the street against their will.  Sometimes they are joined by The Maxx (one of the very few Maxx figures I have ever seen, and am lucky enough to own).  Every now and then, they go up against my 18" Alien figure (who even still has his extending tongue).  When they are feeling especially frisky, they chase down my cat and engage her in mortal combat.  They have yet to win.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2003, 09:28:34 PM »
I'd kind of like to get a couple of hte LOTR figures. and I'd really like to find the Starcraft figures for cheap. But it's a money issue, I think

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2003, 09:29:07 PM »
I've got a Mcfarlin Ash and Evil Ash figures, and a Ryu (from street fighter 3) figure that's not McFarlin but is pretty close in quality.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2003, 10:45:22 AM »
I have a lot of those little robot thingys. I forget what they were called, Z Bots maybe. They're cool little things. I have/had some TMNT figures, a few Spider-Man figures, one of those is from the latest series from the movie. There's other stuff too I'm sure, just too lazy to actually look through that box of old stuff I have.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2003, 11:37:05 AM »
I used to keep my latest warhammer purchases on top of my monitor, so i could bask in their glory.

Unfortunately, my monitor is on an incline, so they kept on falling off. :( I miss having a small army arranged on top of the PC when i played RTS games...
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2003, 01:11:55 PM »
You know Gemm, I think *my* robot thingy is a "z-bot" or something like it. That's the term I wanted to use. Were those the little plastic robots that were popular about 7 or 8 years ago?