Author Topic: Unfair?  (Read 2538 times)

Gargamel

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Must... have... SMURFS!!!
    • View Profile
Unfair?
« on: May 09, 2003, 10:41:37 PM »
i live in sweden and here we get the movies way later than in the states so i cant really post any reviews that are relevant to you. but i wondered if i could post them anyway and share my ideas
Spends his life in pursuit of little blue guys in sissy white outfits and mentally abusing his cat. What does he plan to do with the blue dwarfs when he catches them anyway?
Gargamel is here to stay

Arathorn

• Level 3
  • Run Ronnie run!
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 11:17:31 PM »
Sounds good to me  ;)

Atleast you would contribute to the site, as for me I waste too much time to write reviews of anything...

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 12:29:31 AM »
We useally allow multiple reviews for the same item.  If you look in the RPG and Movie section we've got several.  Go ahead and submit it useing the "submit aricle" link on the main page and Fell will get to it.  We realy don't have a max/min length but try to make it at least a half a page, but the longer the better.

Note: Just because you submit something dosen't mean we'll post it.  But we usealy do.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gargamel

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 03:31:34 PM »
so i can write about old movies if i want to, right?
Spends his life in pursuit of little blue guys in sissy white outfits and mentally abusing his cat. What does he plan to do with the blue dwarfs when he catches them anyway?
Gargamel is here to stay

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 04:19:07 PM »
I once asked spriggan about that and he said official policy was that as long as it could still be bought (or if its a free online thingy, downloaded/viewed) then it can be reviewed.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 06:41:19 PM »
yes, but first check to see if we have that movie reivew and read it to make sure your review is different enough.  There's no need to have 2 reviews that give the movie the same score for the same reasons.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gargamel

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 02:41:22 PM »
obviously ;D
Gargamel is here to stay

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 12:30:43 PM »
Sure there is Sprig,
Heck the washington post sometimes has 2 or three reviews that say the same thing. I think that two good reviews are as good as 1 good and 1 bad.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 01:49:38 PM »
Yes El Jeffe, but that is because american newspapers suck.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 02:19:34 PM »
Wow, thats a huge overgeneralization...
I read ton's of news daily from multiple papers and Web Papers thanks to my job at USCG HQ. Some US papers are bad some are good, just like papers from all over the world. The UK Times Jerusulam post and Telegraph are also good solid papers the UK Sun and Daily Mirror are trash. I read them too just for fun. The Washington post is one of the Best papers in the world if you read it understanding the bias which all papers have.  

Two or three good reviews can mean much more than 1 if you don't know if you can depend on the critic.
Its almost like how word of mouth works.  You don't always see a movie because a friend says its good, but if two or three are raving theres a better chance its really good and that you should see it. Why do you think Siskal and Ebert were so popular with their two thumbs ups schtick.

Gargamel

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 07:10:43 AM »
yeah thats right, so you meen that all papers in the world suck, right?
Gargamel is here to stay

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 10:42:45 AM »
Who are you talking to?