Author Topic: X-Men -- ***Spoilers***  (Read 14810 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: X-Men -- ***Spoilers***
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2003, 08:56:31 AM »
I guess it depends on the storyteller.  I saw Gambit in the new X-men cartoon charge a bus, it just took a few seconds.  I would assume that the charge would spread throughout the adamantium since it's one solid object.  And I doubt wolverine could heal if parts of his body were blown off (regenerate is probaly better).  The main question is if adamantium is indestructable would it blow up?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 08:56:44 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2003, 09:04:36 AM »
So he could do it. But it basically is an argument along the lines of whether Logan's claws could pierce Stever Roger's shield? Sure, I'm not aware of any restriction on what sort of material will blow up. The only question is whether Remy can focus well enough to charge an object when he's dying, since, like I said, the only way he'll be touching Logan's adamantium is if said adamantium is being used to disembowel him.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2003, 08:55:40 PM »
I would argue, 42, that you're in the minority for not empathizing with those characters.  We are placed in their shoes, and if the filmmakers did not do that for you, then they weren't skillful enough.  I would therefore argue that they aren't 'protagonists' for you, since you don't really care if they succeed or not.  More anti-heroes.  

The definition of protagonist, however, has even more problems than that of hero, since it derived from a very specific term meaning 'the main character in a Greek drama.'  By that definition, then, there can be only one protagonist (and non-plays can't have one.)  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2003, 10:47:42 PM »
This is a tangent...Oceans 11 was mentioned earlier.  It looks like The Italian Job is kind of the same thing.  Anyone seen it?  

In a review of the aforemtnioned movie on NPR, the reviewer called mini coopers "hobbitmobiles."