Author Topic: Daredevil SPOILERS  (Read 3427 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Daredevil SPOILERS
« on: January 06, 2003, 02:22:36 AM »
SPOILER ALERT; I REPEAT: SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER AHEAD!

I'M NOT KIDDING!  SPOILER AHEAD!!

I've been informed that in the upcoming Daredevil film, Elektra isn't an assassin but an (ahem) vigilante.  Kinda takes the edge out of the whole character, not to mention the main reason why their relationship has always remained a doomed one.  Not only that, but Jennifer Garner looks about as Greek as French Fries.

Oh, and Bullseye is a geek who carves a target into his forehead (as if you didn't already know).
I REALLY hope this film is a lot better than what I have been hearing.  If anybody out there has any info that would indicate that this will be a good movie, please share it.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Daredevil SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 12:24:42 PM »
Elektra was sort of a vigilante for a while, sort of...man, I hope they don't screw this movie up.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 03:53:22 PM »
I am with you there Fell.  I read these comics as a kid and if they blow it I will be very disappointed.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 05:46:36 PM »
Lets look on the bright side: any movie that has Jennifer Garner in skintight leather, regardles of her alleged nationality or profession, already has a strong point in its favor.

(On the other hand, any movie that has Ben Affleck in any role at all has a strong point against it. I wonder if the cheesecake factor can overpower the doughhead factor.)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2003, 12:56:40 PM »
Cheesecake vs. Doughhead. Almost sounds like a comic book unto itself.  It will be an epic battle!  :D jk
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 01:29:26 PM »
I'm sorry, but Jennifer Garner does absolutely nothing for me.  Now if it were Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba on the other hand.....
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 05:02:35 PM »
Angelina Jolie ....... (drool)   ;)
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2003, 06:48:13 PM »
Jessica Alba? I could never see her appeal.

Kid_Kilowatt

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2003, 02:30:18 PM »
For those of you hoping for positive signs regarding the Daredevil movie, the new trailer may qualify:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/daredevil/

It's got a good origin bit at the beginning with Affleck voiceover (and a Stan Lee cameo) and some new action sequences we haven't seen yet.  The Daredevil radar-cam looks pretty good, too - kinda like Frodo's Ring-o-vision.  Up till now, I had only really expected good performances from Jon Favreau and Colin Ferrell, but I like what I see of M.C. Duncan as Kingpin in this trailer.

As for the story, I think that most of the changes are cosmetic - Kingpin is black, Bullseye has a tatooed forehead, and Daredevil has an elephantine jaw.  From what I've heard from people who've read the script, the writers actually did a good job of grafting the Daredevil origin story onto the front of the Frank Miller Electra storyline from the series.  I hope this is true because the Miller storyline was as good as Daredevil ever got, and I've heard they left his plot largely intact.  I hope so.

My one complaint about the trailer: no Jon Favreau - we want FOGGY!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2003, 01:28:10 AM »
I'm sorry, but Jennifer Garner does absolutely nothing for me.  Now if it were Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba on the other hand.....

what! i can't beleave that.  Jennifer Garner is hot.  Well so is Jessica Alba.  Angelina is, but she's too messed up man.  i think she's almost as wacked as Courtny love (yeck!) and Anna Nicole Smith (no words to discribe my discust).  The only thing that keeps Angelina from becomming one of them is what's the word....oh yes Talient.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2003, 02:23:16 PM »
Talent, yes, but also personality and LOOKS.  Courtney Love always looks like she has just come back from being tested at the free clinic.  Anna Nicole just doesn't look like Anna Nicole without the requisite box of donuts being scarfed down her throat.  Angelina is the hottest woman in film today.  I even went to see Tomb Raider (and actually sat through the whole thing) just for her.  Is she crazy?  Well, she used to be (before adopting Maddox and dumping Hillbilly Bob), but now she seems to have matured a bit.  Too bad though: the whole wild child image has always been a big part of her appeal.  I hear that in her next film she will be playing a werewolf.  All I can say is "HOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLL!!!!!!!!!"

And Jessica Alba is just too darned cute for words.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2003, 07:58:59 PM »
Wow, after you mentioned Jessica Alba I thought it would be impossible for you to mention a second woman who I don't think is hot, but Angelina Jolie definitely fits the bill. I suppose this all goes back to the Arwen/Eowyn discussion: we all have vastly different tastes.

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2003, 12:53:10 PM »
eowyn ....... (drool)  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 12:54:30 PM by Lord_of_Me »

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2003, 11:10:11 PM »
Okay, but PLEASE just tell me that you find Jolene Blaylock sexy.  We've gotta agree on at least one of 'em.

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2003, 12:21:20 PM »
i agree!