Author Topic: New battlestar galatcia  (Read 1489 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
New battlestar galatcia
« on: November 05, 2003, 09:30:47 AM »
Me and SE we discussing this and I was shocked what they;re doing.  SCIFI is basiacly scrapping everything from the orginal except the names. They've even gone as far as makeing a "seven of nine" (from ST:Voyager) type character that's a Cylon huminoid named number 6.   I'll give you a link, but be warned if you were a fan of the original series I don't recomend going there.  You'll be shocked, horrified and want to kill the writers/producers.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: New battlestar galatcia
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:47:41 AM »
if anyone's intrested there's a site that has seen a rough cut of the series.  I don't know why I care this much, but I did enjoy the original show. http://www.cylon.org/bsg2003/remake-review-01.html
this is his explinatin of what the new series is like:
"To understand the new Battlestar Galactica series you have to understand who this production is meant for, or rather, who its not for.  If you are under the age of 12, over the age of 25, or have spent more than 72 hours in any military service, this production might not hold much appeal for you.  If you have strong conservative views, heart-felt religious views, or consider yourself a loyal fan of the original Battlestar Galactica then this show may offend you.  If you're between the ages of 13-24, like MTV-level displays of sex and flashy screen tricks and don't really think through the subliminal implications of storylines, you'll probably enjoy this production quite a bit. "
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 10:01:59 AM »
Cool. I like sub's. In the BASIC sort of sense.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 10:32:51 AM »
I could never be shocked.... I watched Galactica and Earth... nothing could suck worse.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 06:29:16 PM »
So in other words they're ripping off the original series to cash in, and then make a show that won't appeal to those who likd the originl show. [RANT] Marketing by beaurocracy no doubt [/RANT] (Square brackets on the board, by example!)

What the Faltobob? Seriously, that makes *no sense whatsoever*!
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy