Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 43641 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2006, 08:46:30 PM »
That happened to me in high school, minus the having a filling first. At first it was just a hole, but eventually it started hurting. So I complained to my dad and stepmom, and they didn't do anything about it because we had no money. About a year later, I had to have a root canal, a $600 bill which could have been avoided had we scraped together $100 the year before. Since then, I've had to have another root canal on the same tooth because of a bone infection (couldn't be prevented; the first root canal just didn't get it all), and just had to have that tooth pulled because the root broke.

I also think that a large majority of my sinus infections can be traced back to that tooth infection, because of the proximity of the sinuses to the roots of my molars.

So, you don't have money now (I know what that's like), but do have it taken care of as soon as you can, because it can cause a lot of trouble down the road.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2006, 01:12:21 AM »
Meh.  I'm over it.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2006, 08:53:09 AM »
So down I could be a speed bump, if I were out of the gutter that is.

Dude, give me a call. It's too nice a day to hang out in the office all day.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2006, 10:25:07 AM »
So down I could be a speed bump, if I were out of the gutter that is.

:'(

About a year later, I had to have a root canal, a $600 bill which could have been avoided had we scraped together $100 the year before.

This is why I support the idea of the NHS, despite it being a monsterous money devouring beast.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:26:05 AM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2006, 02:30:57 PM »
Scotland vs Ireland in rugby: Scotland lost.

Damnit.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 11, 2006, 08:21:57 PM »
Erin Go Braugh!

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2006, 04:58:31 PM »
So . . . I finally get up the nerve to call Tor about summer internships, just to be sure Claire Eddy's still the right person to contact and all that. (Even finished a cover letter specifically for Tor to send w/ my vitae).

I call and, since all I really need is a recep or EA, I wait on the line as instructed by the answering system, and after seven seconds of placid music, it hung up on me! Tried another two times and it cut me off both times. Arrgh!

With much trepidation, I used the dial-by-name option and got Claire's ext, hoping as I dialed it that she'd be out. I mean, I didn't want to bother her if I could help it. Come to find out from her vm, she'll be gone for a week. Yet she included her assistant's ext. Her assistant wasn't in either, though. Rats. So I left what I hope was an intelligable message for her. Who knows if she'll actually call or email me back, though. :( Guess I'll wait a few days and then just send things off in Claire's name if I don't hear anything....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 04:59:57 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 15, 2006, 12:03:09 AM »
I went to the DMV (again) to get my driver's licensed changed from an Iowa to Colorado licenses and, after waiting in line for a 1.6 hours, they took my picture, punched a hole in my Iowa license and told me that I would get my Colorado license in one week to a month. They told me that I have a temporary permit for the next 30 days.

It the most moronic process for driver's licenses that I've heard. Every state that I've had a drivers license in (which is now 4) gives you a license at the DMV and not a temporary permit. It has to cost more to mail everyone resident their license than to simple make them wait another five minutes while it prints out (and after waiting for almost two hours, what is another five minutes). Someone really needs to rethink the DMV in Colorado.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 15, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »
When I switched my license to Utah, they printed out a temporary license and I got my real one in the mail later. So I guess Colorado is not the only one.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #354 on: March 15, 2006, 03:34:44 PM »
When I switched my lisence back to Virginia I not only got it right away, they still had my old picture on file so I didn't even have to pose.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #355 on: March 15, 2006, 03:59:11 PM »
Lost One, they did that in Washinton, too, which I thought was dumb. In Illinois, they printed it out digitally right there. Perhaps they only have one central digital printer in WA, I guess. It was rather stupid, I thought.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 15, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »
I waited for mine, too. My shiny, new MA license only took four or five days to arrive, tho. *That* really surprised me, I must say. Also, after taking the picture, the lady actually asked if it was okay. Huh. I was astonished to have some say so in the matter, even if I did have to wait for it to come. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »
I'm only 5 (4 after this post) posts away from leveling, yet I can't think of anything to post that's not simply a blatant attempt to fill the quota. Including this post.

Maybe I'll go lock some long threads and start new incarnations.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 15, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »
Oooh. You really are well on your way to rulling hell.
--Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »
and we are riding his coat tails.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!