Author Topic: Sin City  (Read 1103 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Sin City
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:18:16 PM »
Robert Redriguez, the bloke who gave us the Mariachi films, is currently doing Sin City, based on the series of gritty comics and graphic novels written by Frank Miller (the guy responsible for turning Batman grim and gritty back in the late 80's, a trend still in effect today).  

For the uninitiated, think of the film Pulp Fiction set in the world of Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Marline Dietrich, etc.  A world of two-fisted heroes, tough dames, double-crosses, morally ambiguous heroes, political double-dealing, dark family secrets, and uncrossable crime bosses.  

Okay, here's the kicker: The film stars Bruce Willis as the one honest cop in Sin City, now growing old, Josh Hartnett as a troubleshooter for hire, Mickey Rourke as a giant ex-con street fighter, and a supporting cast including Kate Beckinsdale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Maria Bello, Benico Del Toro, Christopher Walken, Elijah Wood, Jamie King, Brittney Murphy, Michael Douglas, Steve Buscemi, and Johnny Depp!  Is that the most amazing cast ever or what?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Re: Sin City
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:23:10 PM »
Yes, except that a movie would have to get an 80% on RT for me to want to watch something with Leonardo D. in it. Ugh. Even if Johnny Depp is also in it.

It does sound cool though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 07:23:31 PM by Treyva »
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 01:14:15 AM »
That cast would be incredible, assuming they can actually make use of everybody's talents. and I really like Leo D., but we've had this discussion before.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »
NEWS FLASH!!

In addition to the already incredible cast, the female lead is going to be none other than (sigh) JESSICA ALBA!!!!  

I have GOT to see this film!
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly