Author Topic: SWIII  (Read 3689 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: SWIII
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 12:03:04 AM »
The blue, bald alien with the two lightsabers is indeed female.  Her name is Asaj Ventriss.  I think she should be Sith because she is way more scary than Christopher Lee.  Plus, she hangs out with a 2000 year old bounty hunter.  How cool is that?

:)
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 07:29:38 AM »
well, that's good to know. This just goes to show that the Clone Wars action figures are even more crappy than the normal ones. I just wish they continued like they did at first, and made them look like the other figures instead of trying to copy the cartoon style -- the original Yoda and Anakin from the Clone Wars series looked really cool. The newer figures look really crappy which is why I don't own an Asaj figure.

Anyway, what could be scarier than Christopher Lee? He could bring in his troops of Orc armies!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2004, 01:19:36 AM »
Actually there are two flavors of Clone Wars figures.  You have the cartoony ones that are based on the well, cartoon.  But you also have all the same characters done in the normal realistic style.  The cartoon ones are pretty bad, but the realistic ones incude some of the best sculpts yet.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2004, 07:35:17 AM »
yes, I believe my previous post said that. The good sculps were done first -- I have the Anakin, Yoda, and Clone Trooper from this line. They aren't in stores anymore (with the possible exception of KB Toys, which has toys that were discontinued years ago). the cartoonish ones still are.
Actually, I looked at the Asaj figure yesterday again. it doesn't look bad, but maybe that's just because there's not an actual actor to compare to, which is why Dooku is the worst of the lot.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2004, 02:14:06 AM »
Anyway, what could be scarier than Christopher Lee? He could bring in his troops of Orc armies!

Or Uruk-hai. Or he could turn into a bat and drink Padme's blood. Or he can use the Force with his creepy-Dracula hands.
;D

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2004, 11:56:44 AM »
  That's funny, I feel the opposite way about the Clone Wars figs. I think the "realistic" ones are a bad attempt at cashing in and love the animated ones.

(*Let me just say ther may be some spoiler-ish stuff beyond here, but it's all been released thru Lucas so I don't consider it spoiler*)

As for some of the predictions that have been made...

Chewie is indeed in the movie.
Jar Jar will not die (sad I know!)
Sam Jackson asked to not go out like a punk and he's getting his wish.
Padme is pregnant during the movie.
There have been shots of fake babies.

(*end spoiler-ish stuff*)

the same guy has been in 4 of the 6 movies as the Emperor.
[ubergeek mode on]
This will actually only be true once the dvds come out. A seperate actor was used in Empire Strikes Back and had monkey eyes composited on his face to get the creepy look. The DVD version will have him replaced with the "real" Emperor/Palpatine.
[ubergeek mode off]

I think the kids will be born towards the end or they will at least show them being split up. Luke's line in ESB "something familiar about this place" on Dagobah makes me think he's there when Yoda is dropped off to go into hiding ;)