Author Topic: Saved By The Bell  (Read 1539 times)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Saved By The Bell
« on: October 06, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »
So I'm sure you've saw this TV show.  Well I was looking for a dvd to buy my brother for his birthday, and saw Saved by the Bell seasons 1+2 for cheap, so I got them for him as sort of a joke.

As I'm watching it, its got all the original air dates listed on the episodes, but you quickly notice something.  They are out of chronological order!  Like in the middle of the first season, you know it should actually be the first episode, as its about the first day of school.  There is also one or two episodes in the first season I know should have been in the second, because of the story and since you can see the actors are older.  But unless the air dates are completely wrong, and I don't think they are, then they were actually aired completely out of order.  Kind of interesting, anyone stumble across any trivia about why they were played out of order?
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Saved By The Bell
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 09:30:09 AM »
the only reason i cared about that show at ALL was because a hot friend of mine is standing next to Shriek when he catches the bouquet during the "Wedding in Vegas" TV movie.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 09:37:31 AM »
That's interesting, but that would be College Years which is a completely different series and you didn't even get the name right.

And yeah, before you have to mention it, it does have some of the same characters, but its still a different series.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 09:38:32 AM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 10:01:20 AM »
That's kind of like what SciFi is doing with Farscape right now.  They're doing this wonderful thing where they show 8 episodes a day leading up to the movie, but their out of order.  They have an episode with Chiana in it, then two or three episodes later, they introduce her.  It's annoying.  But, then again, if you look at the air dates compared with the episode order, they're not all the same anyway.

Or maybe whoever put that DVD together was just plain lazy and threw them all in together and hoped for the best.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 10:10:29 AM »
That's interesting, but that would be College Years which is a completely different series and you didn't even get the name right.

And yeah, before you have to mention it, it does have some of the same characters, but its still a different series.

yeah, see, this is all because I didn't care about anything except my hot friend.

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 11:48:49 AM »
Hi, my name's Dex and I watched Save By The Bell.

:'(

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 12:44:41 PM »
Yeah, the problem is Saint was too old when it aired to be able to overlook the cheesyness of the show.

I watched it too.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 01:42:25 PM »
I watched the first couple of Saved By the Bell episodes when they first came out. Then I grew out of it.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 02:09:01 PM »
I must admit that I still will watch it for a few minutes, if I'm flipping through channels and come across it.  It was quality entertainment.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 05:31:01 PM »
I've only seen one episode of this show in my life, and that was because it came on late at night and my wife made me stay through it. I think it was the college one. Maybe if SE's hot friend had shown up I would ahve liked it more, but as it was I couldn't stand it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net