Author Topic: Surreal Reality  (Read 2646 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Surreal Reality
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:20:34 AM »
For the last couple of days it has been so weird; I can't seem to work things out right. For that matter My memory has been working more like a slideshow than a continuous stream, or rather the way I've been seeing things. I feel like the time I was put on massive painkillers by the doctor and everything just wasn't right (I was slightly high).

Anyway, has this ever happened to anyone else? Its weird, I almost feel like I'm dreaming.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Surreal Reality
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:30:09 AM »
human existance often crosses into waking dream states, where the impossible becomes possible and everything seems surreal.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 04:09:16 AM »
Here comes the creepy 70's music
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:09:26 AM »
But wait, the 60's is when everyone was high...
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »
How much sleep have you been getting?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »
I would feel that way when I was depressed, as in clinically. Not saying you are, but if it doesn't go away after a few weeks, it might be a symptom of a bigger problem.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 11:24:26 PM »
Ditto.  When I start feeling that way, it's a huge sign I'm off my game.  

Ironically, I've been feeling that way for the last week.  Maybe it's something in the air.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:57 AM »
You sound like me when I'm on codene.  Or masivly sleep deprived.  Wierd.
Either way, I hope life normalises soon.
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »
I just had a surreal moment.

I was finishing my shift at work, which was hectic. Most of the problems were related to our new and improved management incompetence. Then the breakfast attendent (who I supervise until the next shift) just came up to me and quit, then walked out. This added significantly to my problems I was already dealing with. You think I would have been panicked, or upset, or even disheveled. Somehow it didn't bother me at all, I just picked-up the extra work and finished my shift without feeling stressed at all.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.