Author Topic: The Forgotten *some spoilers*  (Read 1124 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
The Forgotten *some spoilers*
« on: October 23, 2004, 02:04:06 AM »
Saw this movie today, and it was pretty good.  It's gotten some poor reviews, but I liked it.  Some reviews have compared it to the X-Files and that is very accurate.  If you like the X-Files, just think of this movie as a long x-file ep with the wonderful and rather foxy Julianne Moore taking Scully's place, and Dominic West as a very sexy Mulder.

It's not a scary movie any more than any X-Files episode is, but Brenna should know there are exactly three scary parts; two "jump" scenes and one that's just scary.

Had to look up the police woman to find out she had recently been Mrs. Whatsit in the "Wrinkle in Time" TV thing.

Not going to win any awards, but if I find it on sale someday, I'd definitely pick up the DVD.  

I did like that they did foreshadow the whole ending.  It was very Matrix-like almost, the way that the NSA would be chasing them and then suddenly *something* would get in the way so they could escape once more.  This happened at LEAST three times, and I noticed it.  The shots from the sky were good, too, and the clouds and their movements also interesting.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 03:04:33 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan