Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 7170 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2004, 08:30:45 PM »
girls hit puberty fast and then slow down, she was supposed to be 15 or 16 in episode 1 and he's 10 or 11. Not a huge age difference

But still she's the older hot babysitter fantasy for him.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 08:31:12 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2004, 09:28:02 PM »
so showing how much he cares for his mother and saving Padme's life don't mean anything?

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2004, 10:05:08 PM »
Mmmmm, no. Not really. Since he killed those Raiders in cold blood, and saved Padame only out of lust for her. So, nope.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2004, 10:25:35 PM »
he expresses his feelings for his mom LONG before he contemplates killing anyone about it

i do however agree with your assessment of his motives, and man he sure is hot.  tssssss! rrrrrow!

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2004, 10:42:39 AM »
If you watch the deleted Naboo scenes on the Ep2 dvd it shows a little more of them interacting. But even better is the novelization which spends more time with them making their relationship a little more believable.
And she's only about 5 years older than him.

Fell, I know their definately not on Geonosis, but the bug guys are hand-in-hand(?) with the Seperatists what with the huge droid factories and that space station thingy ;) Here's an enlargement of that shot. There's something riding those bugs/robots/Gharthim. I just thought they might be Geos since the head is kinda the same shape.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned/caught it but around 1:20 in when Yoda is drawing his saber, there's a familiar looking red-robed figure on the floor on the right :)

Those proto-x-wings were called tri-wings in post-production and almost didn't make it into the film. There was an on-set diary entry about them. At one point they were cut from the film but the fx guys really thought they were cool so I guess they're back in!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2004, 11:12:35 AM »
it's easier to see those images when they're in motion, but they look like snouts to me. The Geonosians have protruding heads, but look less snout-like. Or I may be imagining things. I could be wrong. But I don't see wings or the back antlers or anythign either.

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW:

Are you saying that you think Padme dies? Isn't Leia supposed to be old enough to have at least vague memories of her mother?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 07:38:12 AM by SaintEhlers »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2004, 12:04:02 PM »
way to mess UBB tags with HTML Saint.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2004, 12:21:11 PM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned/caught it but around 1:20 in when Yoda is drawing his saber, there's a familiar looking red-robed figure on the floor on the right

I think the red robed figure is a new alien in EP3
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/artofrev/2004/11/artofrev20041101.html

And here's a concept sketch of the x-wing like ship.
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/artofrev/2004/08/artofrev20040823.html

Oh, just found this.  SW.com finaly has in movie shots of Grievous
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 12:23:12 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2004, 02:26:42 AM »
Cool, I saw an episode of the cartoon where Grievous opened a can on about six jedi and whipped them all soundly (except for big-head man, who's name I can't remember).

And yes, I'll grant that those heads look a lot like Geonosian heads.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2004, 09:33:26 AM »
Who cares though? This movie is going to be a pretty big di... what? I can't do what? Hey, put that down, I haven't finished this post yet. No.. don't ...
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2004, 09:34:32 AM »
Finaly, the ninja monkeys got Gemm, only took them like what?  2 years?

Gemm_Hiding

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2004, 09:42:29 AM »
No, it wasn't the monkeys. It was Mace Windu. But, as I was previously saying, this movie won't have a very definitive grasp.... oh. Hello there. .... I was looking through the Star Wars store for something to... Not working, eh? Until later then....

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2004, 10:17:20 AM »
Just a guess on the Geos, but they're probably something new.
And my money's on that red robe belonging to one of the Senate/Imperial Guards. They had red robes in Ep2 and I'm guessing Yoda's probably gone to have a chat with the nice senator from Naboo.

I haven't watched the Jedi dvd but I heard that line of Leia's about her mom was removed.
My theory is the kids will be born and everyone will flee Coruscant on the Rebel ship, swing by Dagobah to drop Yoda off (going back to Luke's comment about it being familiar in ESB) then off to Tatooine to drop Luke then to Alderaan with Leia and Bail. What happens to Padme is anyone's guess.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2004, 10:34:28 AM »
Potential spoilers ahead, though rest assured that I haven't been reading anything on theforce.net (can't stand the place) and I'm just making theories here.

huh. I watched that DVD. I don't remember anything different about that. I'll have to check it when I get home.

If the line hasn't been removed, Padme definitely dies, though not necessarily on screen (but if not that soon). She died when Leia was very young. Leiahas memories, but they're very vague. I mean, I guess Padme doesn't have to die on screen, but there's too much potential for between the movie episodes with ANakin knowing that Padme is out there somewhere (though he's surprised to learn about his son's existence, if I remember correctly, in Ep V, so he wouldn't necessarily know about kids -- explaining why the heck he just doesn't check his half-brother's estate just out of curiosity to see if his kids are there). Either she dies or they convince Anakin she's dead. Which, now that I think about it, sounds more likely if the kids have to be born still and Leia grow up enough to know something of her.

Alternate theory of the above: Leia doesn't get to be of any age to have memories before Padme dies, but the Force helps her remember even though she was an infant when her mother died.

Questions: why do the twins need to be separated? Are they worried that Luke will grow up like dear old dad?

man, I never would have tried to piece this episode together when I was younger. I think it was my Darth Vader as Faust paper that did it to me. When I first wrote that, I had to piece together what happens in eps 2 and 3, based entirely on Yoda's comment about "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." I was pretty much right. Anakin's fear for his mother led him to anger: at Obi-Wan, at the Tuskens, and that resulted in hatred, particularly of the tuskens, which drove him to murder an entire tribe -- definitely suffering. That hate just grows and mutates into a lust for power ("I will be powerful enough to stop people from dying") which are played together by Palpatine, turning ANakin into Darth Vader. Lucas has been telling us all along what's going to happen. I just want details and to watch things blow up in the mean time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 10:38:54 AM by SaintEhlers »

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2004, 11:29:40 AM »
They (Padme & Obi-Wan) probably decided it would reduce the chances of the kids being discovered if they were seperated.
I'm sure once Padme sees what happens to Anakin she wouldn't want the kids visiting him on weekends!  ;D

why do the twins need to be separated? Are they worried that Luke will grow up like dear old dad?

Beru: Luke's just not a farmer, Owen. He's got too much of his father in him.
Owen: That's what I'm afraid of.

Obi-Wan: To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remains safely anonymous.

Maybe Palpatine knew if Vader knew about his kids he wouldn't be so evil? I bet ol' Palp even tells Anakin the Jedi had something to do with Padme's (apparent) death.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 11:36:50 AM by Dex1138 »