Author Topic: Forklift Training Video  (Read 3342 times)

Rican

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
Re: Forklift Training Video
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 01:59:08 PM »
Who cares what the point is.  That was a funny short film.  Also from my person view the German language sounds like a mean, filthy dirty language.  Even when they talk all nice and sexy in order to seduce you.  Speaking from person experience

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 08:52:58 PM »
No, German always sounded like it would be a lot of fun to speak.  A lot of work though, there seems to be a lot more effort involved in saying some of the sounds they need. (I speak NO german)

English is German's bastard child anyway. I don't see how you can complain.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 08:53:24 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 10:45:27 PM »
I have every right to complain. Because we British complain about everything.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2004, 04:17:35 AM »
...if that doesn't qualify as X-rated gore, I don't want to know what does.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 09:27:08 AM »
Weakling. Thats not even close to X-rated. X rated gore means you could use it for a medical test - 'which organ just went flying across the room?'
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2004, 10:15:49 AM »
actually, I've never seen a movie rated X for gore or violence. I think you exaggerate. I've seen stuff like that on comedy shows on broadcast TV.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 03:18:02 PM »
The original cut of Robocop was rated X for gore and violence. So they had to recut it in order to get the R rating it was released under. YES, shows can be rated X for gore and violence. Just when it happens they usually recut it just enough to get it to R.

Err though...the MPAA changed their rating system a couple years after that so X doesn't exist anymore; it's NC-17 now. Still NC-17 movies that do make it out are because of sex. (They recut too-violent movies down to R.)

Really I am displeased that no one here seems to be thinking my opinion (though different from their own) has any validity.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 03:35:35 PM »
by todays standards Robocop is nothing, even the unedited version wouldn't get an NC-17 rateing.  Kill Bill was a lot worse then Robocop.

We're not saying you're arguments don't have any value, we're just saying you're over reacting.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 05:34:42 PM »

Really I am displeased that no one here seems to be thinking my opinion (though different from their own) has any validity.

I'm sorry it offended you Ookla. It was disturbing to me, but I also thought it was funny.  I'm not an "Evil Dead" kind of person either, but it was meant in a funny over-the-top way so I don't see what's so morally degrading about it, I'm sorry.  Is it in bad taste?  Sure.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 08:05:30 PM »
I'm scarred for life.  Seriously.

Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 08:32:57 PM »
I never said your opinion had no value. I just disagreed with it, and I provided my reasons.

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
  • Captain Morgan - The Nectar of the Gods...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 02:18:33 AM »
by todays standards Robocop is nothing, even the unedited version wouldn't get an NC-17 rateing.  Kill Bill was a lot worse then Robocop.

You are partially right there Sprig. Robocop wouldn’t make the NC-17 rating due to the gore and violence compared to kill bill, but it could still get the NC-17 due to language because the MPAA doesn't like naughty words. Robocop had slightly less colorful metaphors in its 90 minutes of run time than I do in the 30 minutes.
"Why make billions when we could make ......... millions?" - Dr. Evil
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/drevil.wav

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 02:49:09 AM »

The more I think about that response, the more I find it to be insensitive. It the whole "well if that offends you, you should see this cause it's a lot worse." argument just belittles the issue.

MPAA's standards are constantly changing, unfortanetely. But the MPAA doesn't govern the personal standards of others. Just because the MPAA says something is either inoffensive or offensive, it doesn't mean that someone else isn't going differ in their evaluation.

I've heard some producers/script-writers says that anything proffessing Christian values should be rated R or NC-17 because they feel that children are harmed by religious thought.

The MPAA gives it ratings based on certain "hot-topics" such as violence, sex and profanity. If something is controversial, it will be susceptible to a harsher rating.

Bottom line, people have to set their own standards for themselves. Then they need to inform themselves before watching, listening, or whatever. Hence the importance of good critics and reviewers.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 05:31:15 AM »

Sorry you feel that way. I think a lot of people here just disagree with your opinion, rather than think it's invalid. For me the movie was not gross, and it did not bother me in the slightist.

By the MPAA's standards it most likely wouldnt have been an X rated move, or NC 17 for that matter because movies with worse violence (Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street for example) recived an R rating not an X or an NC 17.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

n8sumsion

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 11:10:44 AM »
I'm sorry this bothered you so much, Ookla. I feel a little guilty for not having put up any warnings. In my mind, this doesn't come close to an X-rating (or whatever the equivalent is now), but that doesn't mean that others would feel differently. I really do promise to be more careful in the future.

That being said, I didn't think much of the gore in this video simply because it was such outrageous comedy. I think the context of the gore makes all the difference. I literally cannot watch most slasher movies (Friday the 13th, Halloweens, etc.) because of how brutal the gore is, even though these movies probably show less gore than a humorous Evil Dead splatterfest. When some killer is stalking and mindlessly killing people, even when all they show is a little blood dribbling from a knife, that bothers me way more than gore-for-laughs that is much more explicit.

That's my feeling on it, but I recognize not everyone is going to feel the same way. I will be more careful about my posts in the future.

... that's not to say I won't post links to similar content, I'll just be more explicit in warning for any possible objectionable material.