Author Topic: Gargoyles  (Read 1253 times)

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Gargoyles
« on: January 07, 2005, 07:23:44 PM »
My brothers just gave me the DVD for Christmas. A surprise gift it made me very happy. Finally I would get to watch some of my favorite Gargoyles episodes like the The Mirror and A Light House on the Sea of Time.

It 'twas not to be. Because the first season was aired only on Friday there are only 13 total episodes (and that is counting the 5 parts of the pilot individually). Depressingly, I actually have all of these episodes on VHS having previously tracked them down on ebay. (Honest compels me to point out that the version of the pilot I have is in four parts rather than 5).

So, the DVD is digitally remastered, which is nice, but all it really does is leave me wishing fervently for more.

Does anyone know anything about whether Ole Money-starved (i.e. Disney) will be releasing the second season??
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Gargoyles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 08:14:33 PM »
I'm sure that depends 100% on the success of the first season in terms of sales numbers.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:22:56 PM »
I would like to believe that, but I'm afraid to. Logic doesn't seem to a strong point with any management team, Disney suffering more than most.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 08:24:28 PM »
I don't know that i understand your basis for that statement. most of the major decisions I've seen disney make were based wholly on how much money it would make them (which I don't blame them for, I mean, it IS a business)

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 09:15:53 PM »
I don't really base it on anything fear. So you analyzed that acuarately.