Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 18689 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2005, 01:56:53 PM »
That's why I clarified later. You're saying that a person can't clarify what they mean?

Of course you can clarify what you mean.  Correcting the impression that was made does not change the impression that was, in fact, made.

note: I also said that the complaint was dumb. I didn't say any people were dumb.

You said that the people who had the complaint were making "too exaggerated a comment" and that they did not have "a grasp on what's going on"  You didn't attack the complaint you judged the complainers as people who would make exaggerated comments and who don't have a grasp on the situation.

Yes, there's a distinction.

To be clear, I also very specifically never said that "people who disagree with me (in general) are dumb" I was very specific about one idea.

Doesn't matter if it was in general or not.

And if you don't like that I think that idea is stupid, well, I can't change that. Saying different won't change the reality. But I didn't attack anybody, and yet I *was* attacked, and have been accused, several times over, of saying things I didn't.

I don't care if you think the idea is stupid or not.  What's offensive is you saying that the people who hold it are exaggerating without a good grasp of the concepts.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »
So the impression was made. After clarifying it, you still hold it against the person? Well, obviously, I won't be able to ever make you happy.  You guys can keep harping on it.

If it is NOT the case that clarifying it still leaves you offended by the original, unintended statement, then bringing up that the impression was originally made, esp as an acusation, is wrong-headed and inappropriate.

Saying that somone doesn't understand a situation does NOT say that they are stupid. Nor does exaggerating.

Let me make it clear, and then you can continue to argue it, because obviously you will. I did not say that anyone was stupid. THat was never my intent. I don't know what else I can say. I didn't call anyone stupid, yet you want to continue to say I did. I guess the only thing that will make you happy is blood.

If, however, you don't want to continue beating on me, you can accept that I don't think anyone is stupid, even though I hold that a particular idea is stupid. And you can let it be. Because at this point, I have NO idea what you guys are trying to accomplish.

Did I say anyone was stupid? No. Did I say words that could be interpretted that way? Apparently so. Are you going to judge me based on what you thought I meant and which I have repeatedly dened? Or are you going to accept that I meant something else?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2005, 02:06:47 PM »
Yeah, ent, I deleted another. Complain to Fell if you don't like it. What you are doing is bringing up something that you can't validate (i've no doubt you can quote it, but it doesn't do what you say it does) with the intention of insulting. It doesn't have anything at all to do with the discussion. PLUS it contradicts what you were saying earlier about how you don't want people fighting over star wars.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2005, 02:26:23 PM »
I claim the first amendment.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2005, 02:53:09 PM »
Chortle!
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2005, 03:17:36 PM »
What I believe Skar to be feeling here is that Entropy is indeed trying to claim right to an amendment from a constitutional document that his country only took part in by proxy. Therefore decreeing all Britian's to the same rights as Americans.

So, chortle away Skar, chortle away.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2005, 04:19:14 PM »
Gemm's point is good but I am in fact chortling over the fact that SE has declared himself morally right and perfect by post-deletion fiat.

-Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2005, 07:29:44 PM »
No, just misrepresented.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2005, 07:57:56 PM »
This is a subject we probably ought to drop. I've spoken to some people in private and they've agreed to be nice from now on, so let's put all of the bad feelings behind us and talk about the evil, murdering Sith again.

Speaking of which, is the new trailer available online? I really need to see it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2005, 07:58:32 PM »
www.starwars.com should have it Fell.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2005, 09:46:32 PM »
It's available somewhere, since it was going around the office Friday.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2005, 12:33:10 AM »
I will say I do like the slaughtering of the Jedi in the trailor... sorry about Amy Allens death you...fanatics

I think I will see this one in the theater on the strength of the preview.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2005, 12:53:54 AM »
That's an amazeing trailer.  If you just compair EP I special effects to this is mind blowing almost.  The large scale battles are amazeing too, Lucas is lucky to have talented people working for him that can bring all that togethor.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2005, 09:13:03 AM »
Does starwars.com have it for non-hyperspace users? I didn't even check.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2005, 09:15:59 AM »
I will say I do like the slaughtering of the Jedi in the trailor... sorry about Amy Allens death you...fanatics

I think I will see this one in the theater on the strength of the preview.

Yes, I'm quite upset about Amy Allen ... I mean, Aayla Secura dying. But I guess we knew it had to happen. She's in good company though, with Mace Windu also kicking it.

I'll tell you, Obi-Wan crying out about "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!" really gets me. Good line delivery there. I'm gassed, stoked, and ready to go.