Author Topic: Appleseed trailer  (Read 1593 times)

n8sumsion

Appleseed trailer
« on: December 08, 2004, 10:51:57 AM »
Here's a trailer for the new Appleseed movie. Looks pretty sweet. Maybe a new anime that will finally give Akira a run for its money as best ever...

(I'm not sure how old the trailer is, hopefully it's something new for you)

http://www.appleseedthemovie.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Appleseed trailer
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 11:10:55 AM »
Ya the trailer has been around for a while.  I hope it dosen't suck as much as the original anime (which this is a remake of, same story ect).  Well the original wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great or anything special.  It was very bland and adverage on every level.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 04:41:19 PM »
Wasn't the original done by the same people as Ghost in the Shell?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 07:44:41 AM »
The comic was by the same guy, but the movies weren't.  Though apperently it's got a US release date (limited) of january 14th, and there are plans for 2 sequals and a TV series.  Here's hopeing it dosen't suck.

Just so you know, much like books to movies here, the manga writers rarely are involved in anime besides being a consoltent.  Which is how these are.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 04:28:13 AM »
Heh. The writer of the Bleach manga is actually a voice actor in the Bleach anime that just started, playing one of the supporting roles. I think that's pretty cool.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 11:20:37 PM »
So did anyone else end up watching this yet?
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 12:37:03 AM »
I've been tempted to buy it but I haven't yet becasue of how bland the original Anime was.  So ya I'd like to know if anyone has seen it and likes it too.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 01:02:05 AM »
Well I have it if you really want to watch it, I can bring it over.  The realistic type animation looks pretty good, but all the characters are supposed to look hand-drawn or something and it works sometimes but othertimes not so well.  Like this one girl in it looks way too cheesy BESM anime style and it just looks dumb.  The story is also pretty generic like you said.  The fights in the mechas are pretty cool, it reminds me a lot of Armored Core.  In fact, the computer system trying to run everything also reminds me of Armored Core.

If you are a fan of the Armored Core games, then you'll probably dig the fighting like me.  If not, then I don't think this show has much to offer.  Most of it is just about introducing you to this fantasy world, then a quickie battle at the end to "save" the world.  There is this one guy who is supposed to be 75% robot (according to the blurb on the cd cover anyway), he is probably the most interesting person in the show.  Sort of like um RoboCop, Vader, General Grievous, etc.  Even with his mecha-like body, he's also got a special mecha on top of that.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 01:08:33 AM »
Ugg it's the same story.....*cry*

Does it have the lesbin mayor that's allwayse hitting on the main character?

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 01:13:23 AM »
Heh, yeah she is in it.  I don't remember much about her except she was pretty ugly and she was either trying to save Deunan's mom or she betrayed her (can't remember which).

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 03:02:14 AM »
OK so this is a prequle to the original anime in most regards or only takes certain parts out.

In the original there where the terrorists going around blowing stuff up in their special armor but there was no mention of Bioroids or even Appleseed (I allwase wondered what the crap the name ment) but instead delt with Dunen and the B named guy (not even going to try and spell his name) tracking the terrorists as SWAT members and then destroying Gaia who went crazy.

As for the animation I like how the coloring looks but the actual humans that are Cell shaded CGI look and move unatural which really throws off the seriousness of the movie.  The whole movie felt like I was watching a non-SquareEnix in game cut scene.

The story is ok, not really the best out there and probaly parts of that are affected by a so-so production by the Director and poducer.  The paceing, combat and just about everything seam off for somereason.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:11:31 AM by Spriggan »

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 01:48:36 AM »
Yeah that's basically what I thought.  Some parts looked cool, other parts looked like a video game cutscene, and other parts were some weird blending thing that just looked off.  Its like they tried to make it look hand-drawn but usually it didn't look hand drawn.  Like I said, the mecha fights reminds me of Armored Core, which is cool, but that is only like 2 minutes of the movie so it doesn't really make or break it.  The story is okay.. if you try not to consider that it has been done like a zillion times in basically every other sci-fi story since Asimov.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 01:49:14 AM by Eagle_Prince »