Author Topic: No, ipod, don't DIE!  (Read 3442 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
No, ipod, don't DIE!
« on: June 22, 2006, 11:43:04 AM »
Nooooo, my ipod is acting all wacky.  :'( Oddly enough, it's not my ipod's battery that's going as you might expect. It's the click wheel that's all fouled up.

Most of the time, it won't work at all, acts like it's frozen or something. So I can't change playlists or adjust the volume. ERG! Or sometimes it will adjust the volume in a very jerky manner, blasting my eardrums with unexpected decibles. :P Ideas?? Is there a way to clean it out or something? A couple times, I clicked the Hold button on for a sec and then thumbed it off, and that seemed to shock the clickwheel into working again, but... It really sucks.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: No, ipod, don't DIE!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:39 PM »
Take it to Walmart, they'll take your Drivers license number and then exchange the iPod no questions asked, well besides the personal info so they can check to make sure you don't do this on a regular basis.  Say what you want about Walmart but they have hands down the best return policy in the world, especially when it comes to iPods since apple doesn't have very good customer support for them.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:30:19 PM »
rld, especially when it comes to iPods since apple doesn't have very good customer support for them.

Your kidding right? My wifes screwed up a day before its first year was up,... I brought it into the store and they just traded it out with a brand new one no questions asked. I think I signed 1 piece of paper.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »
That's becasue you have an apple store, out side of those money is usealy involved with broken iPods.  Even from apple.com.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »
Wal-mart? Interesting. Even if you didn't buy it there? Probably not, huh, Sprigg. I bought it through the BYU Bookstore/Apple site when I got my ibook.... ALso, I got it in October '04 I think, so it's almost 2 yrs old now. 4th gen. I have no clue where the closest apple store is. Not very, I imagine....
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »
Walmart doesn't care.  That's why they check your personal info since they keep track of how often you return something without a receipt.  My sister just did it with her Nano.  I'd take it, goto their customer service desk and say "my iPod's click wheel doesn't work, can I exchange it for a new one?" and see what they say.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 09:52:49 AM »
hrm. Walmart may not care, but, well, I'm not so sure I'd feel so great about myself for doing that, despite the well known fact that Walmart is the Evil Overlord of Merchandizing. ;)

I was hoping someone had an idea of how to clean it or something. So maybe I'll just have to take a Sat. morning and drive to an apple store. Looks like there are three in Mass.... Not terribly convenient, esp. given gas prices but we'll see. Thanks, guys.
--Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 10:47:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure Walmart has the pull to get compensated by Apople, who are the ones who need to cover the cost anyway. in other words, quite literally, everyone gets compensated.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:17:51 PM »
Closest Walmart is in Framingham, if you haven't found one recently. Or wait. I think there's one in Quincy, and you've probably already found it. Getting to Quincy from Brookline was way too complicated, and Jason lived in Framingham at the time. But mainly we didn't make it to Walmart, settling for Target instead.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:41:11 PM »
Oh, I go to the Wollaston Walmart all the time now that I've got a car and I live closer to it. Target is more of a pain to get to now that I'm farther south. I love being so close to the entrance for I-93 N and S as well as 3 N and S. But the T ride into Boston (nearly an hour) wouldn't be nearly so enjoyable without said ipod--not to mention whatever fantasy PB I'm reading at the time.

So perhaps I shall just waltz into Walmart and see what they can do me for. ;)
--Spriggan

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »
You know what I like? A fantasy PBJ on the way to work.

Mmmmm, fantasy PBJ....
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder