Author Topic: Call for Articles the Next  (Read 57168 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Articles the Next
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2005, 03:34:06 PM »
We want to start moving our freebie stuff (like online adventures) into the Tower of Cheapness. Make it into a downloads section.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2005, 04:22:39 PM »
If I can get myself to get around to it, I could probably do some Tower of Cheapness submits.

I tend to only play older videogames, so I'm not sure if reviews of them would be as helpful.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2005, 04:37:25 PM »
The ever more prolific Brothers Gibb have given me a DVD review of xXx: State of the Union, with Iced Tea.  I hope to have that in by tomorrow.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2005, 03:46:35 PM »
Hey Skar, just a request, could you ask the Gibb to not always submit their articles with the titles and other things in all CAPS please?  It's kind of a hassle to have to read through them changing them.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »
No prob.  I'll just start taking care of it in my pre-post edit.

Incidentally, they'll be reviewing "The Island" this weekend.  I keep trying to get to the XXX review... it hits shelves this coming Tuesday.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2005, 03:30:14 AM »
Cool, thanks a lot.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2005, 04:58:26 PM »
The Gibbs brother's review of "The Island" is up.

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2005, 06:31:23 AM »
Frankly right now we could use any extra content we can get our hands on JadeKinght, I really don't care if it's old games or what not.  During the summer we always tend to run into a shortage of review materials, due to all the conventions going on the people that are responsible for sending us stuff are busy and never get around to it.  It also doesn't help we get like 80%+ of all our review content from 2 companies.  That's why we've been making an effort to branch out with things like the TWGventures and columns by me and JP, for the next 3 weeks the only articles we've currently got scheduled are all done by the same people (4 people if you count that Fell tends to post his stuff when he gets it done) and that's a lot of work for just a handfull of writers.

In fact if anyone has any desire to help out with articles over the next month or for a longer period of time just let Fell, SE or I know about it.  Posting it here would be the best idea since we could all comment on it.  If it's a review just check to see if we already have one for the item and if we do will your's be any different in opinion?  If it's a column post what you are wanting to do here and how often and what day you'd like to do it.  If it's the occasional random editorial/rant that's fine too.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2005, 08:45:07 AM »
yeah, the original point of this thread was to beg you to submit. I like knowing there's stuff without having to search for it. Please, guys, submit stuff. "Nostalgiary" stuff -- old games or books, are fine. You'll note that we have columns and articls about A Wizard of Earthsea, TWERPS, and so forth. A

And they don't have to be reviews. Memories, strategies, commentary, etc. We like them all.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »
yes this thread line was initially for begging, but that's so un-vogue now a days while asking is "in".  And I don't know about you but I'm stylish.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2005, 09:25:27 AM »
then how about this: I COMMAND you all to submit material, etc etc.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2005, 09:33:12 AM »
Ohh commanding someone, that's defiantly going to resonate well with the hip crowd.

Anyway, I still think it would be ideal to get 2 more column writers so we could have all of them, Nerdery and JS, as once a month deals.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 09:48:55 AM by Spriggan »

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2005, 03:17:31 PM »
Well, unfortunately I'm going on vacation with little to no internet access for 3 weeks (until I get to Education Week).  After that I'd love to write some stuff.

And I'd gladly volunteer to help out with one of the columns from time to time if the need should arise.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2005, 04:11:52 PM »
So I finished formatting EP's online D&D adventure, finaly. I've sent copies to Fell and Sprig.

And hopefully I'll get some other reviews written this week. Depending how long my motivation lasts, of course.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2005, 05:15:52 PM »
How's about I write an article cronicling my 24 hours writing poetry? Would that be Time-wasting worthy?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo