Author Topic: Disaster for Wallace and Grommet  (Read 1233 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Disaster for Wallace and Grommet
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:31:13 PM »
At 5:30 this morning the studio housing all the old sets, and props from every W&G short and Chicken Run burned up in a studio warehouse fire in England.

The roof and three interior walls of the Aardman Animations building in Bristol, west England collapsed after the blaze tore through the Victorian building, fire officials said

The fire broke out at about 5:30 a.m. (0430 GMT), with flames reaching 100 feet into the air. The cause of the blaze was being investigated.

A spokesman for Aardman said the building housed props and sets from the company's history, including its first three "Wallace and Gromit" films.

No one was in the building when the fire broke out. Aardman said the sets and props from its latest film, "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit," were not caught in the blaze.

now not to be a cynic,... but Im thinking conspiracy theory
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Disaster for Wallace and Grommet
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 03:49:28 PM »
That's sad.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 04:46:49 PM »
Who would set fire to Wallace and Gromit? The same people who bombed the smurfs: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/08/wsmurf08.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/10/08/ixhome.html

On a more serious note, I heard on the radio this morning that Nick Park (creator and owner of W&G) said that this fire is minor news compared to the earthquake in asia, and we should be more concerned about that than about his movie company. That's a classy guy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:47 PM »
That is very tragic. I always knew you couldn't trust those Unicef people.

Incidentally, I went to see Curse of the Were-Rabbit this afternoon. It's a great movie.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 08:16:48 PM »
"We wanted something that was real war - Smurfs losing arms, or a Smurf losing a head -but they said no."

classic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:17:10 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 06:23:09 PM »
We finally went to see the movie on Saturday. It was great. Some really clever bits.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!