Author Topic: Sky High  (Read 4871 times)

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sky High
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 04:35:27 PM »
e, I'm sure you're right and I was overreacting, but it's hard to tell with type and you were using a lot of capped words (which is supposed to mean real emphasis and yelling, right?). I must have misread. If you don't want to be mistaken, you could use italics for emphasis.

And I wasn't saying you were a troll, I was saying that Skar was walking towards trolldom and I was trying to steer him away. I did understand what you were saying (once you explained it in the next post) and I probably wasn't explaining myself well. So I guess you were right on both accounts.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2005, 04:37:13 PM »
THIS IS YELLING

This is not YELLing. It does indicate emphasis, and it's hecka easier than tags.

I didn't think you were accusing me of trolldom. Nor did I originally respond when you misunderstood how I was reacting. I know you meant Skar, and what I mean is, you probably misunderstand his position. Skar has firm opinions, but I can't recall a single instance where he's trolled. Trolling is intentionally saying something controversial just so people will fight. Skar didn't appear to be doing that. He did, however, appear to be a little frustrated, but not greatly, about how you did not seem to understand what was being said.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with anyone disagreeing with you on this, or even being passionate in their disagreement -- which are the only things I can reasonably expect you had difficulty with Skar's post. I don't think anyone's done anything more wrong than misunderstand someone else. so let's just drop that.

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »
Well, maybe that's how you use it, but I didn't know that. And I've never known anyone else who uses it that way, so how was I suppose to know? Now I do know, so from now on I won't misjudge. :)