Author Topic: The Vagaries of University Bureaucracy (re: TLE)  (Read 16682 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: The Vagaries of University Bureaucracy (TLE)
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2006, 12:36:02 PM »
Yes!  It worked.  I paid a little midnight visit to the head of the Linguistics department and told him that he could either change his tune about TLE or I'd pay him another visit and that if I did I wouldn't just pour gasoline all over him in bed, I'd light it too.

Hopefully the cops don't read this, he was pretty upset.  I'm glad he took me seriously though.

:D
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2006, 01:29:13 PM »
"Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain."

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »
That's AWESOME! As much as I lampoon Dr. Manning, he is one of my favorite professors in the department. He'll be a great advisor.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »
Woo HOO! Awesome how things work out sometimes. I just hope that Dr. Manning contributes without being overbearing. Time to celebrate and send a thank you card. Oh, and we'd better be sure to thank Vader, too, for intervening. ;)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2006, 05:20:08 PM »
Oops. I just saw that this thread was updated. I will DEFINITELY be writing some thank-you letters.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2006, 04:13:04 PM »
Just wanted to let you all know that the Chair of the Linguistics department greatly appreciated the thank you letters sent to thank them for taking on TLE. He said he didn't realize what an impact TLE is on students who works with on it and they will be filed away (and not thrown away) for possible future uses. Hopefully to be used against anyone who suggests getting rid of us!

Thanks for all who sent letters!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 04:13:56 PM by Jelly_Belly »

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2006, 05:44:34 PM »
Whoops. I completely forgot to send mine. I will try to remember next week, after I get over vacation brain.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing