Author Topic: Who Spoilers  (Read 1161 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Who Spoilers
« on: March 19, 2006, 06:52:33 PM »
The big spoiler is that the timelords of Gallifrey lost the time war and are all dead. All of them except the Doctor who is apparently newly regenerated.

This puts the Doctor in an odd position, since in all his travels he's never really needed anyone now the weight of years, loneliness and a little disillusionment seem to make him cry out for companionship. His pleading with the Nestene intelligence in the opening episode reveals this a little (I couldn't save any of them!)

Rose is very curious and empathetic to his problems, and maybe a little in love with him which is interesting.
She's also not afraid to get physical and she manages to keep her head better than almost every companion except maybe Ace or Leela.

Her Mom and boyfriend have small parts right now, but it looks like they are going to become full fledged companions too.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the Whopisodes?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Who Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:10:40 PM »
I like that Rose can call her mom no matter where/when she is. If the make Rose into an angsty traveler experiencing culture shock and whining to go home, the show will die.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 07:13:21 PM »
I want tech like that.

But imagine the Cell phone bill.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:25:23 AM »
I like the Rose is blonde and my age, because I get serious MarySue-ness out of it. Also, yeah, she's got a good head on her shoulders.  I miss Captain Jack, though.  I had JUST started to like him, and was even enjoying the boy-snogging!
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:33:22 AM »
Well he's getting his own show in the Whoverse so its not so bad.
Torchwood.

But your really getting ahead of reasonable spoilers for the American new Who viewers. Maybe we should limit the spoilers to the American Season :D

Still I cant wait for the Sarah Jane and K9 episodes :D
They might get their own shows too. :D