Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (Read 2881 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 08:57:43 AM »
Thank you for that vague, outdated cultural reference, Jam.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »
All your base are belong to us.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 02:42:07 AM »
I've been Netflixing the series from the beginning, and I'm having a lot of fun. Now on disc 2 of season 4. I just saw the FUNNIEST scene of any of the scenes I've seen in the entire series. Xander finds Harmony (post-vamp) burning Spike's stuff, and then they taunt each other with slaps and stomping each other's feet, and then it goes into slow motion slapping girly-style, with her finally getting him in a headlock and him doing something to her waist, all the while Harmony saying, "I'm so gonna bite you!"

Seriously, the funniest scene of the entire series. I wish I knew how to sample scenes, because I'd totally rip that one scene to watch it over and over again. If anyone knows if this scene is on the web somewhere, let me know. I just rewound it to watch it again. Turning Harmony into a vampire was perfect. I mean, she was already part vamp in high school.

How did I miss this topic for so long?  BTVS is one of my all-time favorite shows.  I watched most of season 1 before I went to college and then promptly ignored the series for four years.  I picked it up again when the DVDs were released and was hooked all over again.

I own the complete series of both Buffy and Angel, loving both.  I think Angel had a stronger finish than Buffy, though.  The last Angel episode was simultaneiously butt-kicking and heart-breaking all at once to the 200th degree, which has always been what Joss excels at.

The only thing that tops them is Firefly, Joss's absolute best.