Author Topic: Bush, who knew you were an environmentalist  (Read 5635 times)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Bush, who knew you were an environmentalist
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 08:33:05 PM »
Has anyone ever looked into hamster farms with endless fields of running wheels to generate our power needs?  Hehe... then maybe apply it over to health clubs in place of treadmills, so people are paying me for their own electricity.  They would be paying me twice!  The IRS should hire me as an idea man.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 01:41:04 AM »
Yes they did kill birds but now power lines kill more birds than the windmills.

Two birds with one power source!
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 07:23:09 PM »
All you need now is to have a bunch of DDT thrown right into the blades of the windmills to maximize your effectiveness.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 07:58:47 PM »
except power lines leading to wind turbines have to be buried now.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »
It almost seems that the hidden agenda behind many environmentalists is not to get cleaner repleshishable energy, But to eliminate the industrial revolution and move the world back to an agraian economy.  They use the problems of energy production as an excuse while throwing roadblocks in the way of new methods.  
Wind
Nuclear
Hydroelectric
Tidal

All valid, safe and effective ways to produce energy.  All opposed by some wing of environmentalism.  

Truth is, we have a population that can no longer be supported by agrarian economics, and for these people to get their way, Millions would have to die in poverty and starvation.  

Thus it is a wish that is contrary to the betterment of mankind
Alles!!!

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 03:03:22 PM »
Actually, environmentalists that protest dams/hydroelectric, are funded by the corporations that profit from the current system.  And ditto with nuclear.  Most Environmentalists are gullible tools of the primary industry.  Not kidding.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »
They aren't necessarily funding by corporations or businesses that profit from the status que. Many environmentalist just don't realize the trade-off (i.e. by opposing the hydo-electric dam, they are supporting the coal-burning, acid-rain making  power industry).

You can say that most environmentalist are gullible. Too many environmentalist don't seem to understand economics well enough to support there own cause. Thus, ignorance of economics is the true killer of the environment.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 04:50:54 PM »
Sure.  I was extrapolating from the experience of a friend of mine.  He's a manager of some sort for the hydroelectric facilities in Utah, state employee and all that.  He figured he'd "follow the money" on one of the groups that was opposing one of their projects and found, almost immediately, several large donations from one of the big eastern energy corps that was at that time selling power to Utah and California.  He pursued it and discovered that it was a general rule with the groups he was dealing with.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 10:54:42 AM »
Ahh,
Yes, following the money up from many protestors and activists who themselves may have good/pure intentions and you find some very disturbing things higher up.  

Fact is, there is a set out there who protes for the sake of protesting and they dont do the due dilligence to look deeply into the issues that they take a stand on.  Instead they show up at the rally, Pick up a pre-printed sign (Printed often by an intrest group with a divergent agenda) and just stand in line chanting the slogan while pattingthemselves on the back for being soicialy concious and unique...

Look at CARE and AWNSER's involvement in Anti-War demonstrations... thats always a fun money trail.  
Or, the Anti-Hydro protestors SKAR mentions.  My favorite, though is the who Hybrid scam.  It keeps gas dependency and costs MORE to the customer... While making the auto-maker look like they are taking action
Alles!!!