Author Topic: Lost *Spoiled*  (Read 21269 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost *Spoiled*
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »
Amen! I don't *want* to like Sawyer, actually. But he does have his (rare) moments of humanity. lol. I'm not nearly as optimistic at Tekiel when it comes to Sawyer.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2006, 12:58:54 AM »
I like Sawyer better than Locke, because at least Sawyer is HONEST about being a bad guy. Locke likes to pretend he's good but is really an *censored* a lot of the time.  So who's really the more honest person?  The con man or the hypocrite?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2006, 07:07:38 AM »
See, I like Locke a lot more than Sawyer. I find Locke to be one of the more interesting characters. He's deluded often--mostly thinking that he's in charge when he isn't or that he's part of the loop when he isn't--but he tries to be just. He seems to really think that he's doing what is just for everyone. I don't really see Locke as being aware that he is hurting people by his secretness.

The writers obviously are trying to pattern Locke after Locke the philospher. I haven't decided yet if they are successful or not.

Sawyer should have been ostracized (both socially and physically) a long time ago.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2006, 01:04:56 PM »
Well, you do have to wonder why they chose the name John Locke. I guess it could be coincidental, but I wonder if there is a connection between him and the philosopher.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2006, 06:58:39 PM »
Well, you do have to wonder why they chose the name John Locke. I guess it could be coincidental, but I wonder if there is a connection between him and the philosopher.

Somehow I doubt it's coincidental, especially since Danielle's name is Rousseau. I'm glad there are still people out there who like Locke, so I won't feel so bad about hating the crap out of him.  I have to tell you, when his legs finally give out in front of other people and he's taken down a notch I am going to cheer.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:01:49 PM by fuzzyoctopus »

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2006, 05:51:45 PM »
Well, I think Locke's on the verge of a tantrum at least. The hot air balloon jerk knew exactly how to prey on Locke's inferiority complex, that's for sure. I see a meltdown in the future for him.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2006, 02:49:56 PM »
So I just watched "The Whole Truth" yesterday.

Sad to say, I don't think Sun's telling the truth. Unless Sawyer's got a *paternity* test, though, I doubt Jin will ever find out. Still, it makes me sad. Not that I don't understand Sun's (likely) infidelity. However, it's awful that when they're finally working through things, a past mistake comes to complicate stuff. *sigh*

Oh, and I worry about what Sayid, Charlie, and Anna are going to run into. Won't be anything with a smiley face, I imagine. Not good.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 02:51:13 PM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
Two things: I loved that Sawyer was reading Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, and that he said, when Sun asked him about his book, "Too predictable, and not nearly enough sex."

Also, I've been Netflixing Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and just started into Angel. Very first episode of Angel, very first scene, the first vampire that Angel's following is none other than Sawyer.

Secrets within secrets? I think so. Sawyer's really a vampire in disguise! ;)
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Parker

• Level 12
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
I don't know--she might be telling the truth.  I want to believe she is . . .  She was already telling him he was impotent, why not add on the fact that she'd slept around if that was the case?  Might as well clean the whole closet at once.

And can I say I just want to see a good half hour with Sayid and the balloon man in the safe with no Jack to interfere?  I hate that guy, and I'm convinced he's lying.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2006, 04:18:21 PM »
Well, I want to believe Sun too and it's not like there haven't been other miracles. If Locke can go from wheelchair to walking, why couldn't Jin be cured of not being able to have children? And like Parker said, why would she tell him what the doctor said if she was going to lie about who the father was?

Also, think about the timing. Sure she could have been pregnant the whole time they've been on the island, but wouldn't she have noticed something sooner? I could be wrong, but I thought you started to get morning sickness within the first two weeks and they've been on the island for over 40 days, right? Could be wrong, never having been pregnant myself and all.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »
I'm prone to believe the miracle child thing. I'm starting to suspect that the writers are setting up Sun and Jin so that the two don't leave the island with the rest of the group. Think about it, their lives before the island sucked. They are definitely better off on the Island, though they don't seem to realize it. Perhaps they are going to defect over to the others.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2006, 11:55:39 PM »
I like the miracle plan, but I'm sorry.  The look on Sun's face was just too much for me to believe it when she was hugging him at the end.  They held the shot on her face too long.  Flat out.  So one of two things. I would personally like to believe she did not sleep with that guy, but obviously it's possible.

The OTHER option is that she decided she wanted a baby no matter what, and  went to the doctor or another doctor and had it done artifically.  If this were the case, the child wouldn't be his, but what she said to him wouldn't be a lie.  Note she didn't swear that the child was Jin's just that she had never been with another man.  I kinda like this one better than the affair option, but obviously I'm gunning for the miracle here.

My question.  HOW DUMB does Charlie think Ana and Sayid are, if he has a gun on this little hike, and Sawyer is in charge of all the guns??  If he keeps doing dumb crap like that they're all going to know everything that happened in the Long Con before too long.  *grumbles*

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »
I'm prone to believe the miracle child thing. I'm starting to suspect that the writers are setting up Sun and Jin so that the two don't leave the island with the rest of the group. Think about it, their lives before the island sucked. They are definitely better off on the Island, though they don't seem to realize it. Perhaps they are going to defect over to the others.

I agree that their life is better on the island, but that is not a place I'd want to raise children. I'd want them to have be able to have friends, and one day marry. I don't think that going to live with the Others is an option. If/when they get off the island, I would think they would just both go to the US. I'm sure Sun's father figures they died on the way over, so they would be free from his oppression and with Jin's business experience, they'd probably be all right (once he learns English, which he's starting to).

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »
Yeah, good point Tink. Sun's father doesn't have a reason to come after them if they're presumed dead. Of course, they'd need a low-profile rescue per se or else word of their survival would get out.

As for Charlie packing heat, fuzzy, I'm inclined to think that they wouldn't automatically assume that Charlie's in cahoots with Sawyer. Sawyer's not just hoarding the guns for fun but for a profit. Presumably, he's willing to give them to anyone who has something worth trading. So Sayid and Anna could guess that Charlie got the gun by any number of means that don't necessarily point to betrayal, right? At least that's how I thought about it. Anyhow, I'm very, very glad that Sayid has the gun now.

I don't know about the artificial insemination theory, but I definitely think that her expression and that oh-so-long camera shot point strongly to a half-truth on her part. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can't wait until they "deal" with that creepy guy.  He's an Other, I know it, Parker Cottontail knows it, and it's just a matter of time before everyone figures it out. I hope.
--Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »
I think it will be a while still until Sun's father presumes that Sun and Jin are dead. He's in the mob where people fake their own deaths all the time in attempt to get out of mob. No body = no death.

Considering that Sun was planning to do exactly that, the concept can't be that unfamiliar to her father.

Shrain has apoint that if Sun and Jin leave on a rescue, chances of Sun's father not learning of their survival would be pretty slim.