Author Topic: Lost *Spoiled*  (Read 19500 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Lost *Spoiled*
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 05:40:02 PM »
*sigh*...that means we'll never get a real end to this
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 01:16:27 PM »
I has to end some time and I'm sure JJ will make sure we're given a satisfying ending.
Another great ep last night.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »
Augh! Where are all you Lost people when I need you? I wishe I had people here to watch it with and commiserate. Perhaps commiserate isn't the right word, but you get my drift. I've been watching season 1 on DVD and finally filling in the gaps. I actually saw a lot more of it than I realized, but it never made sense because I missed the backstories of people in the first half of the season. Now it makes so much more sense!

I just finished the last ep of season 1, and MAN! When they got down to the fire and Rousseau said she heard that they were coming for the boy.... I KNEW they meant Walt. This thing has kept me up late the last few days. I just couldn't stop. Should've used the middle-to-middle method so I could stop.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 10:48:40 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 12:15:10 AM »
Middle to middle method. I would never have thought of that.  We did our own lost-athons so I could catch up before last Wed when the new episode aired, and we had to download all the second season episodes too.

I REALLY like this show, too.  I'm glad I'll have another literature student to discuss it with.  About midway through first season when I was really hating on Sawyer and we found out why he hates himself so much I was all "If he pulls a Sidney Carton, I'm SO going to freak out." and no one knew what I was talking about. Le sigh.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 12:15:31 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 01:12:25 AM »
Even being a literature person, I'm afraid I don't know who Sidney Carton is. :-[ :-/But I agree about the characterization of Sawyer. I loved how Michael figured it out in the last episode--"why do you want to die?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:12:56 AM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 01:23:42 AM »
Well, I spelled his name wrong, it's Sydney. Whatever.  He's a character in Tale of Two Cities.  He's kind of scum, but in the end he redeems himself by ... um, can I spoil a Dickens novel?

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 03:27:51 AM »
Aha! Well, it's been since high school since I've read Tale of Two Cities, but I know what you're referencing now that you name the book. It's just been too long for me to remember that particular character's name. I didn't fear that Sawyer would do that, but now that I'm watching Season 2 (I couldn't wait for DVD--I love Itunes!), it's getting more intruiging. What the heck? The tail section people are the Others? I'm on ep. 4 (Everybody Hates Hugo) and more puzzled than ever.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »
Yay!  They finally showed us the monster!  And even though we know nothing more about it, I'm happy that they didn't pull another "focus on the actor's stunned face and then fade to commercial" scene.  It's so nice to know that those wisps of smoke are the monster.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »
now that I'm watching Season 2 (I couldn't wait for DVD--I love Itunes!), it's getting more intruiging. What the heck? The tail section people are the Others? I'm on ep. 4 (Everybody Hates Hugo) and more puzzled than ever.

When you get to the ep "The other 48 Days" or whatever it is it will explain a LOT.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 07:12:21 PM »
I too am relieved that they have finally given a clear shot of the monster, yet it still leaves so many questions.

Personally, I'm starting to think they are all dead and in Limbo. I know that has been suggested before, but it seems to fit.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 02:05:33 PM »
I have to admit, I'm a little surprised they gave us such a clear view (from inside and out) of the monster thing. Of course, that doesn't give us any hints as to what it actually IS, but yeah, I'm glad too. :)
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 03:22:54 PM »
I wonder why Eko wasn't afraid. I think it's because he's ready to die because he now knows for sure what happened to his brother and is ready to meet his maker.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
Both Echo and Locke were able to face the monster head-on and live to tell about it.  (Though Locke chose not to mention it to anyone)  I wonder if any of the characters can do that, so long as they don't act afraid.  Can this thing sense fear?  Or does it just not like to kill people who don't run from it?
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »
last nights episode was good.  We got to see the others, and we found out a little more about jack.  I would love to see more of hurly though in season 2.  he is so funny.  Also I am rooting for him with the love interest. HUR-LY, HUR-LY, HUR-LY.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 10:21:22 PM »
Ditto on Hurley and Libby.  And Kate and Sawyer have simply GOT to be together.