Author Topic: review: Pirates of the Caribbean 2  (Read 8297 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: review: Pirates of the Caribbean 2
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2006, 03:44:45 AM »
There wasn't a lot to invest in emotionally with this movie. The character conflicts got tossed to the side for the most part. I found the end to have some emotionaly involvement, but it was just too late by then.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 01:20:14 PM »
I noticed the same thing.. You see what, like 3 different crews to the ship, and they all die. And then other crews..And you know that no one you know or care about (if you indeed did care bout them) was going to die.

As a general rule of thumb, don't get attached to anyone who was not in, or at least mentioned by name in the first movie, and you won't have to worry about them dying. Everyone else is fish food.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:20:45 PM by FirstMateJack »
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »
Astrid and I saw this last weekend for her Birthday (and that Dan Brown movie about Davinci) After watching pirates we walked out and she turned to me and said...

Well I like the movie, but I feel gypped.

That was untill we saw Davinci Code... when she turned to me and said, "well,... I feel less gypped about Pirates now."

And that was pretty much my problem with the movie too, the ending was (without knowing going in that it was a trilogy) a heck of a gyp. I mean they could have just put a big to be continued sign up for petes sake.

Other than that we were entertained. Our one comment is that someone needs to write Kira Knightly better parts. Her Im a girly girl one minute to stabbing people in the chest with a sword in each hand while running and fighting a battle with monsterous 6 foot tall demon-sailors is just bad writing, there isnt any need to make her as vulnerable as she acts during this movie.

It was just something that grated.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!