Author Topic: Eragon  (Read 21417 times)

DarkCain11

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Eragon
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
The movie sucked the kid playing morgerth was an idiot when he to 5 minites to shlash an an urgal I almost pucked. Eragon the book was a good book witch i enjoyed but the cast was horrible for the book they didn't represent Arya in the least and they didn't follow the book at all. It was as if each of the production comitee read one chapter and tried to peice them together bettween themsleves.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 05:38:51 AM »
I borrowed the first book awhile ago, but haven't got to read it yet.  I also bought a bunch of other books for $1 each, so I have a whole lot to read right now.  One of the $1 books I got was Writers of the Future v. XXI; one of the stories is by Eric Stone (who has his own forum on these boards)... haven't got around to reading that one either, but looking forward to it.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

flex

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »
I thought this movie was a bit of a mediocre at best. The acting was sub-par, the story line moved to quickly and again the acting sucked The books on the other hand are fantastic. I was able to get into them very quickly and was engaged throughout. My recommendation is to forget the movie and read the books, much better choice!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »
I felt that the book was OK, but it needed to be drafted another time or two before release.

The movie however, it was just a shear and utter disappointment for too many reasons to bother listing.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
Has anyone watched this movie with the Rifftrax (former Mystery Science Theater guys) commentary? It makes it totally worth watching. Absolutely hilarious.
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Kaldric

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
I watched Eragon once, and it was with the Rifftrax commentary.  Hilarious.  Highly recommended.
Of course, [Quixote] carried it a bit too far. He thought that every windmill was a giant. That's insane. But, thinking that they might be...

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »
Awful. I wish I saw it with the comentary but now that I've seen it without I know I couldn't bear watching it again.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 11:42:08 PM »
THe first time I saw it was with the Rifftrax. Is probably one of the better Rifftrax I've seen/heard.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
Wow, glad I'm not the only one who thought it was great! "If they run into Jar Jar Binks, I'm going to put my head through a wall."  ;D
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:32 AM »
The movie was horrible. The acting was bad. The casting was bad. The action was bad. And the dragon didn't even look like a dragon! It looked like the offspring of a lizard and the woman from X-Men or whatever that series is. In the book, everyone's always oh so scared of her–but in the movie, if I was one of Galbatorix's soldiers and she came to scare me away, I'd fall down and start cracking up. (Normally, I'd like to say then I'd get up and chopped her head off but considering how well coordinated I am I'd probably fall on my sword and gut myself to death 8).) And they barely followed the real storyline at all! They killed off the Ra'zac–WHAT THE HELL??? Absolutely no skill at movie-making whatsoever!
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 05:33:35 AM »
It played out like a SciFi channel original movie. which I LOVE those, but simply because they are so horrible most of teh time. I love B grade movies, but they should consider themselves B grade movies (Bruce Campbell anyone? Army of Darkness? C'mon, you know you loved it!)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37:06 AM »
"I'm the Rider, and I saw we go!" ??? Way cheesy. And the way he said it…kid, go get another diaper from your mommy.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:34 PM »
Army of Darkness was a great movie.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »
What's it about? Who directed it?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 11:43:18 PM »
Bruce Campbell drives his car back to midieval times and kicks you know what with a chainsaw. Classic B movie from him.