Author Topic: Lost! Round III ***spoilers***  (Read 11679 times)

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Lost! Round III ***spoilers***
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 02:55:42 AM »
Sigh.  Now that just irritated me.  The episode was way too predictable, nothing significant happened, and now I have to wait till FEBRUARY?  You suck, Lost.

Of course, I'll still tune in in February.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »
Yeah, I'll tune in when February rolls around, but only out of tradition. The only thing that's gotten Lost this season is my interest in what's going on.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 11:57:18 PM »
I was too tickled by the fact that Nathan Fillion was married to a con-artist under a false name who then drugged him to escape... AGAIN... too care much about the rest of the episode.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:57:49 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
Yeah, that was priceless. I couldn't stop giggling to myself. The cool thing is that even before she opened the door at the motel, I was thinking, "Hey, isn't that Mal's voice....?" I was sad, though, that she had been so close to happiness.

I, for one, really enjoyed this one much more than the previous two. New stuff actually happened that was interesting, if kinda sucky--like Kate and Sawyer. But I was cheering for Jack being brave enough to turn the tables on the Others. But the dumb thing is that he doesn't know that they're on a totally different island. So he's basically wasting his leverage. If I were him, I would've at least started asking all sorts of questions about the island and Dharma and such. Still, this one gave me hopes that the rest will be more up to par.

And yet, why the heck are they making us wait until Feb!! arrrrgh! I am most unhappy about that.  >:(
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Parker

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 04:49:33 PM »
Hey--am I the only person left on this site still watching Lost?  If so, you all have missed 2 really good episodes.  Last night's was incredible, I thought.  Some really nice back story on Desmond, and the flashbacks were the best part of it.  Anyone out there watching?  Anyone?

DragonFly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »
That episode last night was fun to watch.  The time travel angle was a nice "Lost" twist, and then the conversation with Charlie at the end...
Work is like fertilizer in that I'm very glad it exists--I just don't ever want to get stuck in it
(Lightsong in Warbreaker)

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 10:50:16 PM »
* Shrain avoids looking at spoilers long enough to say she's gonna watching it tomorrow night. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:41 AM »
I've been pleased with the last two episodes. Though I'll be sad if they get rid of Charlie.

I do like the time-traveling twist. It helped rejuvinate the plot a lot.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »
I totally assumed that Desmond was trying to save someone who was meant to die, but I thought it was Claire since he put the lightening rod next to her tent and then saved her from drowning. How would Charlie have even gotten to her in time? The only reason Desmond knew was because of his "flashbacks", so how would Charlie have known? But I did like the episode.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
Yeah, I liked these two quite a bit. Jules' creepy x-husband did not die by accident, that's for sure. Ethan looked nuts even when he's trying to look reassuring. And what sort of headhunters make you an offer while you're in a morgue w/ your ex's corpse, I ask you. *shudder*

As for Des, I am amazed that he's not completely nuts by now. He's not just living a Groundhog Day over and over again but his whole life. eeek! And I suppose I am a little disappointed that the "universe" rather than "God" is what is credited for making course corrections. THat makes it seem like choice doesn't factor in at all, which bothers me. Yeah, this is fictional and everything, but it sort of irks me that they're taking that track.

Oh, and they'd better not kill Charlie. That would suck.  >:(
--Spriggan

Parker

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 01:03:36 AM »
They might kill Charlie, but I personally doubt it.  The only proof we have that the "universe" guides things and makes sure they happen is what the strange old lady said--the strange old lady who, by intervening, made sure that Des didn't change things.  She seems mighty suspicious to me, and so I'm suspicious of whatever she says . . .

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 06:47:19 PM »
As for Des, I am amazed that he's not completely nuts by now. He's not just living a Groundhog Day over and over again but his whole life. eeek!

I didn't get the impression that he is living his life over and over. I got the impression that he lived that small portion over again, but then was back on the island. And from that time forward kept having flashes of things to come. Hmmm.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
Oh, maybe so, Tink. That sure would be less... taxing.

I too feel quite wary of that old lady. She seems like an extension of the island. And, if so, I'm not sure how Charlie will escape from it. Eko sure didn't.  :-\
--Spriggan

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 10:10:21 PM »
So I missed last week... so I'm not sure why Charlie is going to die? But I hope not! And I'm not sure I totally get the whole time reliving thing either... I must go in search of the episode I missed.
Thats one thing I kind of like, and kinda dislike about this season. The two different groups pretty much alternate weeks so I can miss last week and not really have missed the Jack/Kate/Sawyer stuff... but I prefer the other group at this point... Jack/Kate/Sawyer stuff is getting a bit repetitive.
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 10:06:03 PM »
What the....? Hurley & crew driving around in a VW bus listening to an 8-track? Funny, sorta, but... not really that interesting in the grand scheme of things. Pretty ridiculous, actually. That thing was so old, the island monster must've worked mojo on it because rolling it down a hill wouldn't do a thing to improve that rust bucket.

Oh, and I know that Hurley is a momma's boy, but if I were the new Richie Rich, and my mom welcomed my deadbeat dad back into the new house I'd bought her, well then I'd go buy my own house. A bigger one. ;)

As for the previous ep, I don't see what the big deal of "marking" Julia was. I mean, it hurt of course, but does that mean anything else to the Others or was it just a pain punishment? Is there a country club on that island that she can't enter now? Is she banned from her own book club? The Others acted like it was this taboo thing, but it didn't seem like a big deal.

Another question... when Jack is sitting in his cage and wakes up to see a bunch of his captured people standing there... Well, we didn't learn much about why these folks are so complacent now or what it was they were going to watch (besides Jack eating a sandwhich, whoopie). I guess I am glad they're alive and not being tortured like Alex's boyfriend was, yet it doesn't seem to reveal much else. Bummer.  I just really want to have some real confict again. *sigh*

Comic link courtesy of SE: http://www.applegeeks.com/lite/index.php?aglitecomic=2007-02-26
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:12:24 PM by Shrain »
--Spriggan