Author Topic: Lost! Round III ***spoilers***  (Read 11705 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost! Round III ***spoilers***
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 10:42:37 PM »
After watching this week's Lost, I actually turned to my roommate and said, "Ugh, does this show even know where it's going anymore? I just want this season to end so I can stop watching it."
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
Word on the street says tonight's episode is a doozy, and that a big piece of the puzzle falls into place.  It's from a geek-reviewer, so I give it a bit more credence than say . . . the weekly promos.  I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to find out.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2007, 12:21:53 AM »
All I know is there was a disembodied head last week named Roger which is so freaking awesome.  Now if only Roger was wearing a sombreo....
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »
Could Jack be a TRAITOR!?! Nooooooo. It must be an act, right? He's gotta play nice and take care of Ben 'til he can get his ticket back to the real world. Dang, it makes me mad to see him tossing around a football with fake beard man.

Pretty intriguing to find out that Claire and Jack are step siblings, though! Hey, that means that little Aaron is Jack's nephew.

That sonic death fence was disturbing, I gotta say. Very clever too. Locke is making me nervous. That was so stupid to "test" it like that--and yet I guess Mr. Eye Patch Guy would've been too stubborn to give up any info if he was that happy to die an awful death like that. I wanted to slap the fellow around when he told Kate she wouldn't "understand" it if he told her more about the island.

Anyway, this ep felt like we got moving again with the plot and characters, so that makes me happy. The teaser for next week had promise of more good stuff, it seemed like. It's been a while since I wondered about how Locke got paralyzed.

Oh, and last week's ping pong tournament--so funny how Sawyer can't use nicknames for a week. hahaha. And he lost his stash too.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »
Pretty intriguing to find out that Claire and Jack are step siblings, though! Hey, that means that little Aaron is Jack's nephew.

Half-siblings, you mean.

I wonder how much of this was planned from the beginning and how much they have added to the plot to extend it.

Did they ever say why Jack's dad went to Australia? I wonder if Claire contacted him to tell her how to let her mom die "legally".

Parker

• Level 12
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
Well, in one of the Ana Lucia flashbacks--the one where she was Jack's Dad's bodyguard--she drove him to a house where he yelled at a woman for a while and we hear him say that he payed the mortgage for the house and he deserves to see his daughter.  So yeah, there's been quite a bit of set up for that particular reveal.  I thought it was well handled.  I'm enjoying this season immensely.

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »
Could Jack be a TRAITOR!?! Nooooooo. It must be an act, right?

My vote is for brain washing.

I was pretty shocked about Claire and Jack, but at the same time it all makes some sort of sense... I missed it when it was on but watched it yesterday online and got odd looks from roommates when I ghasped or went OMG randomly (I had headphones on and a laptop in my lap they had no idea what I was doing)
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »
Half-siblings, you mean.

Er, yep. Silly me.

Anyway, I don't know about brainwashing as the reason for Jack being so happy-go-lucky, especially given the trailer where he seems more sad that she came back--like he's going to have to do something to her (report her or something) that he doesn't want to do. Typically he gets ticked off when she or someone else hasn't heeded his "advice." So his reaction made me wonder. Besides, if they messed with his brain, they might screw up what makes him a good doctor.

The Claire flashbacks were quite sad. To see her keeping her mom alive like that. Not to bring up a sensitive issue, but I really would feel too selfish to keep a loved one on life support after their brain has basically shut down. It does show a pattern with Claire being self-serving, come to think of it. I mean, she's saying goodbye to her comatose mother in order to go give her baby up for adoption. Okay, it could be argued that Aaron would've been better off without her if she were in Australia. But I think she's doing fine as a mom--even though the whole stranded-on-an-island bit forced her to keep the little tike.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2007, 11:03:05 PM »
Just thought I'd post that there's now a Rifftrax of the pilot episode of Lost, http://www.rifftrax.com/
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.