Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36049 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2007, 08:55:25 PM »
I admit reading a bit of Peter's spoiler, and while I think that will happen, it seems he could also get the list out of Mohinder's computer still too ...
Oh, you're right! Good catch.

I wonder when that girl who can talk through computers will come back?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2007, 03:52:29 PM »
I wasn't as impressed by last week's episode as most of you, but the one last night was awesome. The story was great, the 'what if?' characters were cool, and most of my theories were validated. Only what, three left? I hope they're all this strong.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
I was a little surprised to find out that the Haitian can, in fact, block all powers. Makes me wonder how that little mechanic works, and if he can turn it on and off.

Also I was sad to be sort of proven wrong about Jessica actually being one of the villians. But yes, this episode was fantastic, and the series is still strong despite getting into a time-travel plot.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Zokai

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
I'm not so sure about the idea that Linderman wants Micah to get the list from Mohinder's computer.  I could be wrong, but I would think that Linderman could get that by force.  I think that it's more important to Linderman to use Micah to rig the election somehow in order to make sure that Nathan wins. 

I'm still curious about Nathan and Peter's mother.  Does she have a power that we don't yet know about?  She never seemed surprised by anyone's powers.  Also, her character seems to know more than she's letting on.

Most of all, however, I want to know how Sylar was able to move when Hiro stopped time?
Hey!  I thought these new forum signatures were supposed to allow 300 characters?  300 characters my as

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »
I think Hiro either lost control or his moment of freezing just happened to finish at that moment because Hiro took too long to do what he was trying to do.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
I think Hiro's will wavered enough for Sylar to break through it. His power, after all, is being able to "see how things work." And Hiro was definitely hesitant about himself there, which has always messed with his power.

I'm certain Mrs. Petrelli has some kind of power, as did her husband. Every time we learn more about her, we find that she's closer and closer to the people orchestrating everything. We already found out Hiro's father is part of the Company, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that Linderman and Mrs. Petrelli are too. (Have we ever heard her name?)

My biggest fear at this point is that they took 6 weeks off from the show to rewrite the season ending, since it became so popular. If they dont' resolve the Sylar thing I'll be pretty frustrated.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2007, 11:12:06 PM »
What's bothering me at this point is that there are only two episodes left, and there's no way they're going to wrap this all up satisfactorily--they should have started concluding some of the lesser plots this week, but instead they actually introduced new characters and two new plotlines (Sylar having self-doubt, the little girl who can find people). There was a lot going on, but very little actually happened.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2007, 07:08:19 AM »
We're confused about Mrs. Petrelli. Before it seemed like the Haitian was working with her AGAINST Linderman, but now she's working with Linderman? So...what exactly was the Haitian's purpose in taking Claire to "safety"?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 06:03:43 PM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2007, 04:31:37 PM »
Did I miss something? When did the Haitian give indications of working with Mrs. Petrelli?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »
When Claire showed up at her house in New York, the Haitian was there with her. ...Wasn't he?

Okay, yeah, from Wikipedia:
Claire then goes to Peter Petrelli's apartment in New York, where she meets her biological grandmother Angela Petrelli. Much to Claire's surprise, the Haitian is there, and speaks to Angela in French. He has been secretly working to protect Claire on Angela's orders.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 06:05:36 PM by Ookla The Mok »

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »
Ah, thanks, I'd forgotten that. Admittedly, hiding her granddaughter from the Company doesn't exactly seem like working against the company. The only thing that seems obvious is that she's got her own agenda.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2007, 09:02:42 PM »
It does make sense that there would be different factions with different agendas.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2007, 12:55:28 AM »
Or they know that Claire would try to run away, so they let her think that she did while knowing exactly where she is.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »
So, will Hiro be able to save his friend? Will our time and effort be for naught as Sylar begins to explode, then the episode ends and we have to wait until next season? Whatsa gonna happen?

Everything's coming towards this big conclusion, but which one are they going to use? And then, once it does end, we'll be speculating over whats going to happen next season! Hooray!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2007, 04:19:54 PM »
I just don't see how Sylar could be the one that blows. How would he survive it? In the future episode, Claire was still alive, so Sylar didn't take her power to regenerate. So it must be Peter who does it. But why? I doubt he just "loses control," so he must have a good reason. But then if it's Peter, then why is killing Sylar the key to stopping it? Ack!