Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36050 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2007, 11:38:37 PM »
Audrey Hanson
You scored 41 Idealism, 20 Nonconformity, 66 Nerdiness

Your best quality: Attitude Your worst quality: Attitude
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:40:49 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2007, 12:12:20 AM »
I'm Hiro! I got more than 99% on idealism, nonconformity, and nerdiness...I thought I was being a little more temperate than that, but there you have it.

The 99% is "How you compared to other people your age and gender".  So you scored higher than 99% of people your age and gender.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2007, 12:42:43 AM »
Who's Audrey?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
Who's Audrey?

She's the FBI officer who worked with Matt.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2007, 02:52:05 AM »
Wow, tough break Spriggan. Audrey's a loser.

So I scored higher than 99% of people my age? It's like the SATs all over again.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »
Last night's episode was another good one. I'm really looking forward to the showdown between Peter and Sylar, though it's ironic that the two most powerful characters are two of the weakest narratively. I've decided that I just don't like Sylar--he's not scary enough, or creepy enough, or likable enough, or unlikable enough, to fill the role he's supposed to fill on the show.

Nathan, on the other hand, really got a chance to shine in this episode--the sudden realization that he's been working for the FBI this whole time went a long way toward redeeming him, though he still has some serious personal problems. Meeting Linderman was satisfying as well, as was Ando's triumphant return and Niki's temporary victory over Jessica.

The one thing that bugged me about this episode was the growing realization that everyone in the whole universe knows about the supers. Linderman I expected--he's been pulling too many strings for too long to not know something about what's going on here. But Hiro's dad last week, and Nathan's mom this week, is just getting to be a little too much. If we find out next week that Parkman's wife has been in on it as well, I'm going to strangle someone.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2007, 12:47:18 AM »
Oh, I don't know. I'd be willing to bet that both Mr. Linderman and Mr. Nakamura are part of the Company. We know the Company has some pretty serious funding, and those two sources would make sense. I was a little surprised by Nathan's mom, but hey, her husband was in tight with Linderman, and we know she's no dummy.

I agree on one thing: if we get many more characters secretly knowing about the supers, it will get annoying.

But not nearly as annoying as having to wait until April 23.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2007, 03:55:25 AM »
I've thought that Nathan got set up with Claire's mom on purpose by Linderman, like he did with Niki.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
That's a very clever thought.

And I didn't know we had to wait until April 23. What's going on here? Are we getting quarterly mini-seasons instead of one real one?

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
Here's an idea I was discussing with Fell yesterday:  what if Simone's dad was a super?  He had a vision, and then Peter started having visions--what if Peter absorbed that power from Simone's dad?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Huh. I'd have to watch those early episodes where he was still alive. At the time I thought he was just a sort-of-loony old man, but we didn't know much about the show then.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »
It does explain Peter's visions, which thus far we've been unable to explain. If he absorbs powers, he had to absorb the visions from somebody.

Zokai

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2007, 06:51:58 AM »
Here's an idea I was discussing with Fell yesterday: what if Simone's dad was a super? He had a vision, and then Peter started having visions--what if Peter absorbed that power from Simone's dad?
Well, if Simone's dad was a super (having visions), could it be possible that Simone is a super of some sort?  Mr. Bennett's organization took her, but maybe it was a cover-up and she somehow isn't dead?  You just never know in a show like this.  Five episodes later someone comes back to life and there is some tidy little explanation of how it's possible.

Anyway, I have another question that I have been thinking about a lot.  Mr. Bennett told Sylar that he was unique because he had more than one power, and everyone else only had a single power.  I guess even Peter only has one power; he's a sponge.  So what exactly is the Haitian dude's power?  I thought it was just wiping memories, but how come people can't use their powers around him?  Wouldn't that make two powers?  Or is it Mr. Bennett that can stop people from using their powers, and he doesn't even know it?  I was wondering if they were just showing the Haitian guy every time Matt couldn't read Mr. Bennett's mind to throw us off.  The first time Matt tried to read the Haitian's mind in the bar, he couldn't.  It never showed Mr. Bennett, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there...?

To me, being able to negate someone's super abilities seems more powerful than stealing someone else's (like Sylar).
Hey!  I thought these new forum signatures were supposed to allow 300 characters?  300 characters my as

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2007, 07:32:14 AM »
It's hard to tell with this show, because it's very fond of placing weird psychological limits on people's powers: Hiro can't use his powers unless he has the sword, Isaac can't use his powers unless he's painting, Sylar can't absorb powers unless he eats the brain, etc. It's possible, though unlikely in my opinion, that Bennet can negate powers, but I think it would become too obvious to the Company eventually--if people around him can't use their powers, and there's no other explanation, people are going to notice. More likely it's an aspect of the Haitian's power that we don't understand yet. And I suspect it's something different from just negating powers, but I suppose that will be explained eventually.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
Besides that, people use powers around Bennett all the time.  Parkman read his mind; Claire healed; the nuclear guy exploded; Sylar used telekenises.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com