Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36066 times)

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2006, 02:47:28 AM »
Her name's Eden. :) And I think she didn't actually use her power on Mohinder.

It looks like she doesn't like having to use it against someone's will, so I'm guessing she just used regular powers of persuasion on Mohinder, and that's why it didn't work.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2006, 03:22:29 AM »
Man, I love this show. Great episode, and next week has got to be the Cheerleader showdown finally. Even the cop was awesome in this one, and so far he's only ever been tolerable at best. Or maybe I just liked this one so much because there was no Niki.

Also, I love Hiro.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2006, 03:59:07 AM »
What did Hiro do in the past?!?!?!?!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2006, 11:46:23 AM »
How far did Hiro go back? It was hard to tell when the picture was taken?

I like Matt. I'm probably more forgiving because I liked Greg Grunberg in another show, Alias.  

Yeah, I agree on the Niki observation. This was the first show I got my husband to watch with me, and he was able to keep up because there weren't so many characters.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
The episode after the next one is entitled "Six Months Ago." I wonder if that is where Hiro went.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2006, 12:37:42 PM »
I liked super-memory girl, but she was too sweet and liked Hiro too quickly, so it was obvious that she was going to die. I do hope she comes back, though.

What was really interesting was that Sylar was there for the girl, and apparently didn't notice that Hiro was a super as well.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2006, 09:32:44 PM »
I also found it interesting that Sylar didn't seem to recognize Hiro as a super.

Something odd I noticed was that Matt and "Radioactive Man" knew that the guy who erases memories is Haitian. I don't remember him having a speaking part yet, and that seems like the sort of thing that would be hard to establish by looks alone.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2006, 10:41:31 PM »
I also think that them being able to identify the mysterious man as a Haitian is a stretch. I think it's cool that they are inlcuding a Haitian character, but it's really hard to identify people's ethnicty now-a-days. So what additional information did Matta and radioactive-man pick-up that I didn't.

I think Sylar doesn't sense supers. He just has identified certain supers from working with Mohinder's dad (remember the map in Sylar's apartment). He doesn't know about Hiro because he only has been looking for those in the U.S.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »
I just remembered...

Charlie said that she got the Japanese phrase book for her birthday when? Was it a 'few months ago', but she only got around to looking at it 'last week' right? So if the 'Six Months Ago' episode doesn't air for two weeks we won't find out what happened until then?!?!

Agony! I need to know sooner.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

DragonFly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2006, 07:12:31 PM »
As far as what happened--from the picture on the bulletin board, we can guess who gave her the Japanese phrase book. It would be interesting to know if that picture was there before Hiro went back.
Work is like fertilizer in that I'm very glad it exists--I just don't ever want to get stuck in it
(Lightsong in Warbreaker)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2006, 09:59:42 PM »
It would be interesting to know if that picture was there before Hiro went back.

It was. I specificially remember it with just Charlie in it. Then after Hiro goes back they zoom in and he was there.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0704270/

That's the man playing Sylar now. What happened to Sean Bean? It looks like all mention of him has been removed from the Imdb listings.

Otherwise, fantastic episode. Sylar was scary, and his showdown with Eden made both look very creepy. Surprised that even Sylar can't resist the Haitan's powers, but I probably shouldn't be. This now makes me wonder why the Haitan didn't take care to negate Nathan's powers a couple episodes back.

I wonder if Zack's gay or not. I couldn't quite tell on a first watch through.

Mohinder said probably the most disturbing line tonight: he went up to a small boy in the street, knelt down and said 'You came to me in a dream'. Also I'm assuming that everyone in India is speaking in perfect English because they couldn't be bothered using subtitles. I'd like to know what's written on the boy's shirt as well.

I'm willing to bet that capturing Sylar will backfire on BGM.

The painting is probably Radiation Man.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2006, 05:00:13 PM »
I agree with the idea that the painting is probably radition man. I liked that you could recognize so many of the paintings in this scenes from this episode.

So I'm wondering what Claire's dad is going to do now that Claire has told him about her powers?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »
That was an awesome episode, except for one thing: Peter told Claire to run off by herself to get the police. He had no idea where Sylar was (he obviously wasn't dead), and no idea if it was safe anymore, and he still needed her regen powers, and they were both covered with blood, and--worst of all--he didn't have a good reason to stay behind. He just sat there doing nothing while the girl he was supposed to save ran off into the dark with a psycho supervillain still on the loose. The only possible explanation for this behavior is that the plot needed to separate Peter and Claire, and that kind of shoddy writing drives me up the wall.

That said, I repeat that this was an awesome episode. The scene in which Claire and Peter each realize that the other is a super was especially well done. I was disappointed that Sylar was obviously not Sean Bean (what's up with that, imdb?), but you barely ever see him so that's not a huge loss so far. Sylar is certainly confirming the telekinetic nature of his powers, but I can't decide if he has regeneration or not--he might have survived by slowing his fall, and then running away once he got his wind back, or he might actually have regenerated. Eden took him out easily enough, which makes me wonder why they've never just done that before. And I don't think the Haitian neutralized his powers, I think he just caught him when Eden put him to sleep.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »
I thought that the way he pointed at Eden and then paused indicated that he was trying and failing to use his powers, this being before Eden said anything. I also think it's safe to say he didn't realise Peter was a super - otherwise he would have done some chowing. I expect that peter will become the best man to fight Sylar later, since he'll be on equal grounds with him. Depending on how good Peter gets at using his ability.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch