Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36094 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »
You two are on a first name basis now?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2006, 08:58:46 PM »
I tried to convince Ent that Niki was going to be a major villain, and he shut me down with that same imdb entry. That kind of thing is hard to argue with.

Apparently I'm missing something. Where in the entry does it say, "Niki is not now, and will never be, a villian?"
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2006, 03:49:46 AM »
I don't know if we know enough to speculate about Niki. I'm still baffled as to why Inik hates DL enough to screw him over. Fell makes the case that Inik is working for glasses man, on account of the tattoo. Really my main question is, 'why leave the $2mil sitting around all this time?' Her motivations elude me.

Slyar and his relationship with glasses man are also important - did Pixie have Slyars apartment cleaned out? If so, why is glasses man protecting Slyar?

I think that Glasses man is the key, and until we know what he's up to and with who any speculation is just shots in the dark. He seems to be trying to get Claire to admit her powers to him, possibly so he can experiment on her without doing it against her will. An interesting mix of being the bad guy and being a father, I feel.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:37 AM »
I completely saw the entire Micah twist coming. Why does nearly every team have to have a boy-genius?

Also, I like Nathan's wife, but she makes me hate Nathan even more.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2006, 11:03:26 AM »
All the others characters haven't discovered their abilities until they're adults (like Niki doesn't recognize the existence of Jessica until the last 6 months, although we know she was around from when DL was framed...still that wasn't all that long ago). Why are Micah and Claire different? Why does they have it as kids (Micah being the youngest)? Any thoughts?
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
1. DL was framed six months ago, right around when Niki first realized something was wrong. It's possible that the robbery and the frame-up were the first things Jessica ever did. By the way: have we ever heard that name before? It seemed to come out of nowhere.

2. I suspect that the powers don't show up at a certain age, just that everyone is starting to manifest powers at about the same time.

3. We've seen Micah coming for a while, but it was still a neat reveal. I especially like how he's so...nonchalant about the fact that he and his parents all have superpowers. Cooly asking Jessica to put his mom on the phone showed a lot about him.

4. Nuclear man was great--the way they revealed it piece by piece, as you slowly figured out that there was a guy with nuclear powers, and that he's probably the bomb Hiro say go off, and that he likely gave his wife her cancer--it was really well done.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »
Well, if he's not the bomb that goes off, that's one major red herring.

Anyway he seems like someone who could kill Sylar, if he learns to control his powers.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2006, 08:10:26 PM »
We still know virtually nothing about Sylar. And I still maintain that Nikki/Jessica is going to be one of the villians this season. Jessica is a complete sociopath; personally I don't think her "motivations" will ever be reasonable (hiding the money, framing her husband's partners, etc), because she's just nuts.

I have a new theory from this week (man, this is getting to be a regular occurance). Simply by process of elimination, I think Sylar is Mr. Linderman. I know IMDB lists him as "Paul Sylar," but hey, if I were a mob boss, I'd use a pseudonym too. Also, he and Nikki already have a history, and Jessica also started manifesting around the time Nikki and her husband were getting messed up with him.

I did love the introduction of the nuclear guy this week. I'm sold on him being the source of the nuclear explosion in the "bad" future.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
... have we ever heard that name before? It seemed to come out of nowhere.

It does come out of nowhere.

I suspect that the powers don't show up at a certain age, just that everyone is starting to manifest powers at about the same time.

But why?

We've seen Micah coming for a while, but it was still a neat reveal. I especially like how he's so...nonchalant about the fact that he and his parents all have superpowers. Cooly asking Jessica to put his mom on the phone showed a lot about him.

I liked that, too. It was a pleasant surprize.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

fellsmum

• Level 3
  • I know all and what color it spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2006, 03:17:48 PM »
OK, I'm lost here.  IMDB says that Sean Bean plays Sylar and was only in the two episodes that aired last Monday and the Monday before that (10-30 and 11-6). But reading NBC's synopsis of the last episode, the radiation guy is Ted, not Sylar (and I know that could be a red herring), but also, I don't remember seeing Sylar at all in the episode on 10-30.  Plus Sean Bean is not credited at all in the week we saw Sylar get shot and then come back to life and get away.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »
They were all played by ninja monkeys

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
I'll see your Jessica, and raise you Nathan. Willingness to do anything to acheive a goal is, to me, one of the hallmarks of a supervillian.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2006, 02:41:11 AM »
Tage has me convinced on the Sylar/Linderman issue. We have yet to meet Linderman face to face, and that would be a very cool connection to make.

Another theory I proposed to Ent, and the one that explains why they've started crediting Sean Bean for episodes he's not in, is this: the show was not initially picked up for an entire season, they just made seix or seven and ran them to see how people reacted. I remember hearing after the second or third episode that the show had been officially picked up and new episodes were commisioned. I suspect that when the show turned out to be a huge hit they decided to pull in some weight and get a big name to play Sylar. He was only recently hired, but as soon as they got him they started putting his name on everything--including the episodes he's not in.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2006, 09:42:30 AM »
Why would a mob boss have a crummy NYC apartment?

Radman is scary. Not a dude you wanna be around, no matter how nice he is.

Matt and FBI chick are so gonna hook up, later on. Or at least that's what FBI chick wants.

Nathan's point about his superpower being kinda useless was funny.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2006, 02:02:55 AM »
Matt and FBI chick are so gonna hook up, later on. Or at least that's what FBI chick wants.

Oh man, I hope not. FBI chick rubs me the wrong way. Something about how she acts bugs me.

We finally 'see' more of Sylar for the first time. I am major creeped out. Killing the waitress was scary. Do we have motivations for his killing? Does it strengthen him somehow or increase his abilities? Why else would he be stealing their brains? Can't figure that out. And I don't want him to just be psychotic. That's so old. He needs to have a reason.

Also, I'm curious to know more about what Claire's dad does to 'help' everyone. It sure didn't seem like he was helping Matt or Nathan.

And Tina (that's her name, right? Claire's dad's helper?), is her ability persuasion? And how strong can it be since she didn't convince Mohinder to stick around?