Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36060 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 10:52:01 AM »
What about the frozen guy? I can see Sylar having just TK, but the frozen guy makes me think that he has multiple powers.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »
Apprently the guy who plays Hiro is a big time Special Effects programmer for ILM and would love to bring all his co-workers in for an episode (read lots of special effects).

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,71984-0.html?tw=rss.technology
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »
If you can use TK on individual atoms, you could stop them moving, causing a temperature drop, and then ice would form from condensation from the surrounding atmosphere.

But that would be dang powerful TK.

[EDIT: Cool Wired article. He really does steal every scene he's in.]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:16:31 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2006, 05:37:25 PM »
Dangit, I always forget about the ice. Well, um, I'm with Ookla on this one--it's molecular TK.

And yes, I think that Sylar is different from Claire's dad and the psychic bald guy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2006, 06:08:26 PM »
I was thinking that Sylar could be Nikki's husband, but this last episode placed a lot of doubts on that front.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 04:06:15 PM »
I'm not sure I liked this episode, possibly because it focused so heavily on Niki and I don't really like her. Her powers still don't seem like powers, just being crazy, and nothing happened with anybody else. At least we finally confirmed that Mohinder's neighbor is a double agent--several people have suspected it for a while, but I never saw any credence to it until they came right out and said it.

On the other hand, I'm liking Claire's father more and more. He's a very cool, very complex character.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 04:28:17 PM »
We did see Nikki's alternate self toss DL across the room. So the theory that Nikki's alternate has super-strength is starting to gain some substance.

I actually like Nikki's character. She's not my favorite character by far, but I like her more than either of the Petrelis. I used to find the character of Isaac to be interesting, but he's turning out to be sort of a whiny jerk.

Nikki's husband intrigues me, but doesn't engage me yet.

I'm was miffed that they never showed what happened to the Cop when he passed out in the convenience store. I hate it when cliff-hangers keep hanging around.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 07:10:41 PM »
Karen brought up this question--how come Other-Niki doesn't just take over all the time?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 07:43:32 PM »
If Nikki has multiple personality disorder (now officially known as disassociative identity disorder), neither one of her persona's gets to take over. The personalities just come and go. A therapist could actually control the change in personalies momentarily, but he/she is likely to create other personalities in the process. Which would be cool if Nikki developed other personalities that each had their own unique super-power.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:44:09 PM by 42 »

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2006, 03:21:26 PM »
I had a sort-of epiphany last night, and I'm curious to see if I end up being right.

I don't think Claire's dad is the real "bad guy" in this season. He may be later, but this season is all about saving Claire and stopping the nuke in NY. Last night made me believe that he really does care about Claire, and is NOT the one the heroes need to stop from hurting her.

So who, besides Sylar, is going to end up being one of the villians? How about a homicidal maniac whose motivations, just this last episode, were definitely shown to be less than rational? That's right, Nikki. I think Nikki is going to start giving in more and more to her psychotic (and supernaturally strong) alter-ego.

I'm convinced Nikki isn't Sylar, so that still leaves one thread hanging. But I wouldn't be surprised if they came together and joined up sometime this season.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 03:30:01 PM »
I was thinking the same thing the other night. It could make for a great twist if it turns out to be Nikki's super-powered, sociopathic side that is really the main villain.

I really want Matt and Nikki to meet up. I little mind scan could uncover some stuff.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »
(Paul) Sylar is being played by Sean Bean. So that answers that question. And apparently the trend of 'British actor = villain' continues.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »
Well, because of that I *finally* looked up Heroes on IMDB. I could've sworn when we got a shadowed look at Sylar it was a black guy. Oh well. I'd feel sorry for Sean Bean playing yet another bad guy, but he's just so good at it.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Claire's dad hasn't officially been given a name. At least now I know why I could never remember his name and kept having to call him Claire's dad.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2006, 04:37:46 PM »
I tried to convince Ent that Niki was going to be a major villain, and he shut me down with that same imdb entry. That kind of thing is hard to argue with.

Between the two of us we came up with the following theory, however: this is apparently the Claire season, in which we try to save her, and watch her gain some maturity, and (we assume) ultimately find out who her real parents are. If that is the case, and if Sylar is really the bad guy of the season, then it follows with irrefutable narrative logic that Sylar must be her father.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2006, 05:28:22 PM »
(Paul) Sylar is being played by Sean Bean.

Really? Oh, HORRAY!!!

I love Sean.  :-*
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/