Author Topic: Jan-Feb flash/web projects  (Read 6160 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Jan-Feb flash/web projects
« on: January 07, 2004, 08:57:04 AM »
Since I'm not in school this semester and have a LOT of free time I'm hopeing I can actualy finish things that I've been wanting to.  Even though I love playing FFXI, I don't want to spend all my free time doing so.  Anyway here I'm going to list what I'm working on or thinking of working on, and update how far along I am.  You're allwayse welcome to post ideas/suggestions for what ever is listed here.

Current main project:
Designing the NickelCade's main page and placeing all the past Flash games and Animations here.   <--->   5% complete

Things being planned for this project

• Include a space for current highscore of a random game (when I get ones that include them), or high score (if applicable) of game that mouse is over.
  • Sort games into catagories and allow to be searchable, as well as a list all function.
  • Include method for displaying instructions and developer notes.

Other projects being worked on/planned/tossed around

• StarWars character sheet--- 50-60% complete---Need to finish skill/race/class discriptions and skill editing functions.  Also need to include force/character discripton/ equipment etc areas.  Also need to start design on the database to save characterstats and allow GM/players access to view/edit.  As well as several other features that will be implemented when logon to website (Monkeyslothstudio).
  • Kola Wacker---intial concept phase---JP's statment about hitting koalas with sticks to keep them off of bridges has given me the idea to make a game like buster bros where you have a set stage that you have a timelimit to run arond and knock Koalas off things.  The koalas would inturn drop things that would either hurt you or stun you for a certain amount of time.
  • Ninja Monkey---intial concept phase--- I've been playing around with a side scrolling platform game (ie maro bros, shinobi, sonic) where you're one of SE's ninja monkeys doing something.  I do have a very simple game engine that I've been working on that lets you move a character around the stage and scroll the screen.  Any suggestions for story/enemies/gameplay mechaincs would be appreciated.
  • Monkeyslothstudio.com--- 25-30% complete---Finish out the site desigen/layout and implement a regestration/log in feature.  Add a forum and other projects.
  • Brandonsanderson.com---intial concept phase--- This will be EUOL's website for his books and other projects.
  • unnamed puzzle game---intial concept phase---  Me and EUOL have been talking about makeing a popcap style puzzle game.
  • Work on updateing the Advast Ye! site

Completed Projects
[/b]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 09:17:44 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Jan-Feb flash/web projects
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 09:21:13 AM »
Ninja Monkey---intial concept phase--- I've been playing around with a side scrolling platform game (ie maro bros, shinobi, sonic) where you're one of SE's ninja monkeys doing something.  I do have a very simple game engine that I've been working on that lets you move a character around the stage and scroll the screen.  Any suggestions for story/enemies/gameplay mechaincs would be appreciated.

Hrm... food for thought. My initial reaction is that they're ninja assassin priests, so the adventures shoudl involve killing things and performing rituals (perhaps they need bananas for sacrifices?) Cameos by other TWG members is a plus too. I'll come up with more.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 09:33:49 AM »
I don't realy want to have the main charcter doing ritiual scrafices even if it is just banannas.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 09:45:10 AM »
Ritual sacrifices are fun for all the family.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 09:53:56 AM »
you WILL sacrifice bananas to the glory of SE!

er.. sorry.
they don't have to be sacrifices. I'm just brainstorming.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »
I know you're just tossing around ideas, but I'm just uncomfrotable with makeing the plot of the game a ritiual scrafice.  All though, collecting bananas for you (maybe they;re magical bananas) so you can become more powerful etc is perfectly fine.  just leave out the words "ritiual" and "sacrafice" used in conjuction with eachother.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 05:09:45 PM »
The above list has been updated.  I've crossed of what I've done or am not going to do.  I've also added 3 new (but easy/quick) items to the list as well as updated the % complete.  I've posted a link to the program so please debug it and post suggestions.  I'll then finish it tomorrow and it can be either posted friday or next monday.  Also if you want your picture in there send it when you can, I can allwayse add it after it's posted.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 05:25:01 PM by Spriggan »

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 12:43:19 AM »
Heh! Heaps Good! You need to label the photos though. (Unless they were and I was too stupid to see it). Koala whacking game also sounds brilliant! Anyone, I may hunt around my hard drive later for a picture I can shrink to the right size if you want mine. Kind of pointless though, I'm so handsome there's no way you'll be able to improve on my mughsot  ;D
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 03:18:11 AM »
send it on in JP, my e-mail is listed in my profile.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 07:34:50 AM »
Umm it's basicaly done.  I can't realy think of anything that I could add that would require a layout change and lots of recodeing (like additoinal drawing tools).  I did find one bug where when you changed the line size it wouldn't implement the changes untill you clicked on the color selector tool.   I'm going to write up some instructions and it'll be done unless you guys find anything that needs to be changed.  The file size is about 230k.  Also as I said before I can add more pictures at any time.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 07:37:40 AM by Spriggan »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 07:48:26 AM »
yeah, i have some, but I forgot to prepare them last night. I'll get on that tonight, esp if I have a reminder.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 07:51:27 AM »
I was just going to take on off your site SE, but I didn't think they were all that great for this project.  All a wierd angles, half-naked, or with the family.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 07:56:10 AM »
hey, half naked would be cool!
Show me what you have for Fell and such so I can match that in tone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 08:24:34 AM »
There's a link to to program up top in the orignal post.  Then you can see the pictures.  42's didn't relay come out that well, a larger face like Fell's and Tages works the best.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 08:55:21 AM »
hum. You need to be able to drag the faces in more than one direction :) And to be able to draw on the distorted faces :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch