Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Girly
« on: March 21, 2004, 08:25:23 AM »
Ok, I'm sure some of you have bias' against Josh Lesnik and all, but the man is a talented... man. And I have proof! All right here within this one comicstrip: http://www.go-girly.com/20031209.html

It's very entertaining.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 08:51:05 AM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Girly
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 04:58:27 PM »
who?  If we're supposed to be biased towards someone make sure its someone we've all heard about.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 12:48:35 AM »
He's a very famous webcomic artist, Sprig.  He did 'Cute Wendy' over at Keenspot.

He's known for being a little bit...risqué.  Girly, as I understand, is about a team of pseudo-lesbian superheroes.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 02:33:22 AM »
pseudo-lesbian?  Dare I ask?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 06:11:15 AM »
I assume i am correct in assuming i'm one of the few people on the forum who read Poe's webcomics?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 07:28:13 AM »
uhm... they're not "pseudo" lesbian. Unless you count the possibility that they're bisexual as "pseudo" lesbianism. One character's been pretty clear about how her "two moms" were married and she wants to do the same. The other has lustry thoughts about the first.  "Risque" imo, is also too gentle a term for Girly as well. While there aren't any nude scenes (yet), sex comes up a lot. The first character I mentioned uses a giant dildo to beat people up. Frequent use of crude jokes and language rounds up the content. This is just a warning. If any of that bothers you, you should NOT read Girly.

When I read it, i found the content to be... well... lackluster. He relies on cheap gags too much and an unbelieveable emotional hook for the main character. It's decent enough once you ignore how crude it is, but far from genius. The art is abotu Cute Wendy style, but I don't care for it. he occassionally has a moment of greatness with an expression or  alayout, but for the most part it's just quasi-manga, and not the best of that.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 09:28:28 AM »
Artisticly I didn't see what make him so great either, the compositions are muddy, its difficult to tell the characters apart some times and I dont like the Manga style he uses. Which is funny because I like Manga
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!