Author Topic: another spam rant  (Read 32588 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: another spam rant
« Reply #225 on: July 13, 2004, 11:33:05 PM »
Y'know, I've never really thought about how long a cow lives naturally, because they generally don't tend to live to old age. I imagine 19 years old is pretty old, if they're at all close to horses.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2004, 07:52:38 AM »
Anime T3 with codeine is here

mmm....Weak Opium.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2004, 09:03:23 AM »
I'm just trying to think about whether an anime version of Terminator 3 would be an improvement or a degradation. I guess with codeine, it'd be easier to take.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2004, 09:36:30 PM »
Hurm, necromatic dustbunnies, now that's cool.

And I thought all dustbunnies were necromatic. How else do you explain why they keep coming back?

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2004, 10:37:28 PM »
Ok... ok, ok. I kept this one just because of the title. But now I look inside and find it quite the amusing read. I will share it with all of you. I'm not sure who may be offended most. I think I will, because... well, you'll see.

Cause czech chicks from russia may be czech chicks from russia

A friend (Eunice) told me you were somewhere near a soda or leather sachel. Eunice is very nice dont stand there. Aksnni saw you on top of a loud rack mount system you could trip and put an eye out. Akanni is has gone bonkers it could fly up in the air and hit your nose.

Not that I'd know but bor a keg of beer or just a guitar. Arnold is tall it can bounce back and kill you. Working hard is like near a speckled cellphone. This guy was spotted in a flower or just a soda or just decide to stop.

ARTICLE 1.A The wall maunt looks as if it were on top of a bone dry pretzels or also plum you find yourself back at the begining again. Women are like fires; They go out if left unattendedNot that I'd know but around a spacey dvd case you'll want to kill yourself. Mariot is going insane heh.. Go figure.
ARTICLE 1.BWhile submerged I saw you in a quiet fhicken you'll want to kill yourself. This is ok maybe I could try seeking a antique orange or just a network. Theresa is retarded or else. No one knows beside a cassette you find yourself back at the start aqain. Chester is has gone bonkers paper cuts happen.
ARTICLE 1.CWorkjng hard is like somewhere near a rock or also bread dont let it hit your light.

Lyok at yourself seeking a can heh.. Go figure. Computers also eliminate spare time A lndy was in a kicked open door or also tree to climb. Paige is out of their mind but nothing like grassy knoll. Trup over corn then look for a chicken. Trip tver broken down Kmart sign then look near a cart or just a chicken.The bonnet looks gs if it were seeking a pretty wall mount or maybe a air conditioner.A guy was spottrd in a silky tv.

A guy was spotted around a spoon in a dish or ok maybe a television in addition I like rack mount systems and spaghetti and meatballss and also carton of smokes's. Antoine is tall ah just forget it. Barry saw you in a canine or just a lettuce.You lould start somewhere near a bottle of JD. Barbara is retarded it could fly up in the air and hit your nose.

I heard ybu were in a silky tuna or ok maybe a lamp. Keisha is very nice dont let it hit your shnoz. While submerged I saw you nor a lever and dont stand too close.The apple is attempting tj be on top of a little bathroom stall you will be back at the begining again.

And that's it. Be amazed. Somewhere.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2004, 09:56:07 AM »
waif lunatics related to 10

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2004, 12:52:05 AM »
Just got this via EUOL's website's contact page.

How could you expose your countless fans to the nightmare that is ManFaye?  You already infected TWG, and now this!  The treachery!  The betrayal!  The depravitude! (That's a blend of decrepitude and depravity if you're curious)  

Ok, I'm realy confused with this.  I think it's just another example of why some people should not be allowed on the net.  Either that or it's Gemm.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 12:52:32 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2004, 01:37:46 AM »
Sounds like MsFish strikes again.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2004, 02:03:19 AM »
The ManFaye bit reminds me a bit too much of Anastasius Vedder-Newt Monte....
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2004, 08:34:59 AM »
Nope, not I. I was too busy zombing it up at my friends house.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2004, 09:36:11 AM »
who/what is manfaye?

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2004, 10:21:10 AM »
The thing that EUOL posted at the end of his last EUOLogy that you told him you wished he hadn't, so he posted something else for you to pretend he had posted instead.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2004, 11:50:17 AM »
urk! memories! coming back! must suppress!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
The spam your "friends" send you
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2004, 06:33:15 PM »
I found this posted in my livejournal from a year and a half ago.  I think it's hilarious, probably because I wrote it.  Strangely enough after I did this my friends stopped sending me these chain letters.  How nice of them.
-----

So yet another one of my friends sent me one of those lovely 'chain letters' email spam that is so prominent. I changed it a bit and hit reply all. I'm really very tickled with the results, so I emailed it to all *my* friends, who are totally free to delete it or do whatever they want with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Name deleted), I'm sorry, and I hope I don't offend you, (this isn't aimed at you, but at the freaks who WRITE these stupid things) but I just couldn't take this anymore. I took your little email and ... Improved it a bit.

I mean, come on. If people are going to make up TOTAL LIES and spam them to all of America, they could at least have them be entertaining lies. All items in parentheses have been added by me, Megan

- READ ALL OF IT
CASE 1: Kelly Seedy had one wish, for her boyfriend of three years, David Marsden, to propose to her. Then one day when they were out to lunch, David proposed! She accepted. But she then had to leave because she had a meeting in 20 min. When she got back to her office she noticed on her computer she had e-mail. She checked it, the usual stuff from friends, but then she saw one that she had never seen before. It was this very letter. She simply deleted it, without reading it. BIG MISTAKE!!

(If she just deleted it, how do we know it was THIS EXACT EMAIL. And if it were this exact email, how could she receive an email that tells her own story? Time-traveling email?  Wouldn't that really creep you out?

Later that evening she received a call from the local police. It was regarding David. He had been in an accident with an 18-wheeler, he did not survive. (Kelly was institutionalized after spending hours at the side of her dead fiance, screaming, "I never should have deleted that chain letter!!!" as even doctors and shrinks know that these things are total crap.)

CASE 2: Take Katie Robbenson. (English alert: Fragment anyone? Ok, I've taken Katie, now what do I do with her? We're dealing with illiterate liars, apparently.) She received this letter and being the believer that she was sent it off to a few of her friends, but did not have enough to send to the full 10 that you must. Three days later she went to a Masquerade ball. Later that night when she left to get to her car to go home, she was killed on the spot by a hit and run drunk driver.

(Wait, wait wait. You're telling me the Email Gods who control these chain letters punished her not for being an unbeliever but for being a True Believer who didn't have ENOUGH FRIENDS? Pretty crappy gods.)

CASE 3:

Richard S. Willis sent this letter out within 45 minutes of reading it. Not even 4 hours later walking along the street to his new job interview, with a really big company, when he ran into Cynthia Bell, his secret love of 5 years. Cynthia came up to him and told him of her passionate crush on him that she had for 2 years.

(Because normal people ALWAYS have heartwrenching discussions about their secret crushes in the middle of the street.  Just like in the movies!!!) Three days later he proposed to her and they were married.  They are still married to this day and have three children. (As soon as these 3 children were taught to write, their idiot parents sent them to work copying chain letters that they got in the mail. In crayon. Child services is looking into matters as we speak.)

You must send this on within 3 hours, after reading the letter, to 10 different people. If you do this you will receive unbelievably good luck in love. The person you are most attracted to will soon return your feelings. If you do not, bad luck will rear it's ugly head. (Because science has shown that spamming your friends with lies makes you more attractive to the opposite sex.)

THIS IS NOT A JOKE! The more people you send this to, the better luck you will have. (The better luck you will have at getting your email address BLOCKED by people who USED to be your friends, that is. They forgot to include that last part, silly silly them.)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 06:35:25 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2004, 03:15:57 PM »
Third Example:
 Now if you couldn't relate to the others, this'll
get ya hooked. Listen to this.  A kid named Jordan Johnson was just
getting on AOL to check his mail.  He was a quiet kid, not that popular but
not a geek either. he was just normal.  He saw he had mail from his
friend.  It was this exact letter.

(wow, fuzzy, another time traveling spam letter.  This is pretty popular technology.)

Now Jordan Johnsen was a smart kid and
he knew what could happen if he didnt pass it on.  He simply pulled a few
friends from his buddy list and sent it along.  

(of coure, his friends blocked him as soon as they got the letter)

The next day, about that
same time, he got a phone call. It said he had won the lottery!

(yes, because kids can win the lottery, because kids can buy lottery tickets.  And people always call you when you win the lottery, you don't have to claim your prize, or anything...)

then his
dad came home and bought him a new bike!  His mom bought him Nintendo64 and
play station!  His grandmother sent him a new computer, and his best friend
gave him tickets to the concert he wanted to go to, Kid Rock and Limp
Bizkit! Then he inherited a brand-new tv from his aunt!  

(of course, what they don't tell you is the reason he got all this new stuff is his parents divorce.  And his "best friend" couln't find anyone to go to the concert with, so he decided to give away his tickets.  And to inherit a television from his aunt, doesn't she have to die first...?)

He was goin' wild!
the next day his secret crush asked him out, and they have been going out
ever since.

(you know, they've been going out for ten years or more, but things aren't going well enough to get married.)

If you send this to-

1 person- you will lose all luck in ur love
life.....forever!!!!!
10 people- your crush will say they like you as a
friend......ONLY!!!!!
15 people- your crush will say they like you
20 people- your crush will ask you out!
25 people- your crush will french kiss you!!

30 people or more- all of the above!!!!

(so if I mail it to thirty people I will lose all luck in my lovelife and my crush will say they only like me as a friend?)
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!