Author Topic: Official Army of Darkness RPG!!  (Read 2432 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Official Army of Darkness RPG!!
« on: March 14, 2003, 05:27:33 PM »
Listen up you primitive screwheads!

I heard that Eden Studios had scored another major lisence recently and today they ended the speculation:

The Army of Darkness RPG!

As if that didn't get my blood rushing fast enough, it's being penned by none other than Shane Lacy Hensley who probably tops the list as my favorite game designer (remember me, the Deadlands nut?).

This could be screwed up pretty easily, but Eden's games pretty much rock so I have a lot of faith in this. The Buffy RPG emulated the series nearly perfectly, we can only hope the same for AoD. And with Hensley at the helm...let me just say I'm pumped.

Yeah, I'm a gushing fanboy, but sometimes there's a time and a place for that. This is one of them.

Check it out: http://www.edenstudios.net/aodrpg/news.html

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Official Army of Darkness RPG!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 05:31:17 PM »
what next? a Farscape RPG?

Oh wait. they already did that.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 11:30:32 PM »
Just hand me my chainsaw, let me slot a few shells into my shotgun, and I'll be right behind you every step of the way.  Just hope my boss at S-Mart doesn't notice I'm gone....

And I LIKED the Farscape RPG!
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 01:31:13 AM »
I never thought they'd make an Evil Dead RPG myself...it can be adapted to so many systems out there it seems like it doesn't really need it's own.  

I thought the same about Buffy, but once I picked up the core book for that I was blown away.  I have really high hopes for this.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 06:45:48 AM »
i have it on good authority that a section of hell is, as we speak, being prepared for fans of the Buffy RPG.  ;)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm not sure that hell will be able to accomodate the Buffy RPG fans due to the overwhelming abundance of Star Trek rpg fans already there.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 12:50:02 PM »
I like to think that the darkest pit of hell is reserved for people who play the Star Trek RPG using the Voyager storyline...though I suppose to truly be horrible, they'd have to be Furry Voyager LARPers. Ug, I think I made myself sick just thinking about that.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net