Author Topic: New Revised DnD players handbook  (Read 2081 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
New Revised DnD players handbook
« on: December 19, 2002, 09:52:33 PM »
Wizards is planning on a new verion of the DnD core rulebooks.  It's going to have updated rules, i'm sure it's not going to be like the starwars revision.  Probaly more like rule clarifactions.  press release here:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021206x
« Last Edit: December 19, 2002, 09:53:44 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Revised DnD players handbook
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 11:37:50 AM »
So what do you think they will change, add, revise, or delete?  I am curious to see how all of these new reviesions will impact the "billions" of supplements that they have already put on the market.  Do you think that they will have to put out revisions for those as well?

Perhaps it is all a large deception!? Perhaps they purposefully released books with errors so that they could release a revised edition and milk us for more cash!? How dare they abuse us poor addicted gamers like that!  It is the ULTIMATE GRIFT!!!!

Why didn't I think of it first?  ;)

Actually, I am truly interested in seeing what revisions they are going to put out as easing game play is never a bad thing, especially with some of the players that are in my group (for EVOL & Spriggan read JERRY!!!!!!)
:D
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 03:03:24 PM »
I frequent several D&D boards and when this was first announced a while back it raised quite a bit of hub-bub.  The wizards's site lists the general changes they're going to make: adjusting the classes to make them a little more balanced, balancing spells, reorganizing the DMG and MM, adding some new feats, skills, and PrCs.  Also, I'm sure we'll see the clearer descriptions of things like AoO from d20 Modern.    

In all actuality, it's not a bad idea.  Right now a lot of people's books are starting to see some wear and tear and it sounds like a lot of people will pick it up just for that.  I'm going to have to look it over before I jump in b/c I'm still pleased as pudding with my original versions and really don't feel like investing in D&D 3.1.

I just wish they'd use entirely new art with this, but they won't.  I hate the 3E fantasy-punk artwork with a passion.  Give me 1E or even Hackmaster artwork any day! Those pictures made me want to adventure, not get something pierced.

By all accounts (on the internet anyway) there are a lot more people who are excited about this than those who see it for a money making scheme.  

Of course it is a money making scheme, but we'll have to wait to see if it's a worthwhile one.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 03:05:49 PM by Mr_Pleasington »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 03:25:37 PM »
You should check out the Decipher boards. All the people who think WotC games are evil money-making schemes tend to hang out there, arguing amongst themselves and amusing the rest of us.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 03:30:45 PM »
I lurk there often, Fell, and have to agree.

For another source of amusement, head over to the Dragonsfoot and go to the Edition Wars forum where the people who love 1E are in a constant argument with the people who love 3E.  Some of the arguments over there are pee your pants funny.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 03:48:14 PM »
Thanks for your advice. I will look into those sites and see what they have to say.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 07:32:52 PM »
Ed Stark one of the Guys working on 3.5 gave an interview to an internet news radio a few days ago here's a summery http://mortality.net/board/read.php?TID=5634 one of the more intresting additons Haste will no longer allow you to cast multiple spells.  But it will instead affect multiple people.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 07:34:20 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.