Author Topic: Little Keep  (Read 1498 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Little Keep
« on: January 14, 2003, 02:24:49 PM »
Another nice review, St. Ehlers...and one that once again invokes a response from me :)

Actually, I'd just like to add my two cents: the Hackmaster group I play in has been playing through LKotB for 3 months now and we've had an absolute blast doing it!  Combining this module with a great GM has really made this one of my best role playing experiences.  

Even though we've spent a lot of time on the module, we're not terribly far in because our group tends to get into character and actually  roleplay a lot so we spend a lot of time yucking it up in town.  

While the "adventure" here is a series of crawls, a few wilderness encounters, and a little plot behind a scam at the keep, this really is a mini campaign setting and deserves to be thought of as such.  It's also about as old school as it gets. :)

As far as buying all eight Hacklopedias, it's a common complaint, but an ill informed one.  First, you don't need all of the HoB because you can run adventures with the stats provided in the adventures. Sure, they're just stat blocks, but  they work.  You'll be limited to using the creatures there for your own adventures though.  Second, if you have any 1E or 2E monster products you can convert monsters over in about ten seconds.  Third, the only GMs who MUST buy the HoB are ones who are sanctioned (like mine) and are required to know the books inside and out.

Regardless, Kenzer has listened to its fans and is producing another HoB that has all the common creatures in one easy to use book, though I'm not sure when it will come out.  Also, they're producing a Hackmaster Light which remove some of the more esoteric parts of HM to speed things up (and attract the 1E diehards who hate skills, talents, quirks, and flaws).

Also, it's rumored Kenzer will be adding d20 stats to their adventures so they can be used with both HM and 3E.  

Hackmaster has made it into my top 3 games of late.  This might be my favorite version of D&D yet.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 02:38:09 PM by Mr_Pleasington »

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: Little Keep
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 07:18:57 PM »
Just so you know, Kenzer & Co is releasing about 5 or 6 more Hackmaster products within the next three months.  There will be at least three modules, a racial sourcebook (unsure as to the specifics) and the Gawds & Demigawds book!!!

Thor??  I waste 'im with my crossbow!!!  

Hoody-freaking-hoo!!!
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Little Keep
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 02:41:40 PM »
They've gone CRAAZY at kenzer, Tons and Tons of Modules including Robinloft new Mini's the Combatants guide and a new Players mat.

hack master is a blast to play and a nightmare to GM. I was an official GM for last years Tournament of Champions at Origins in Colombus Ohio.  The Kenzer guys are stoked about the success of their games and really commited to putting out more books.

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!