Author Topic: RPG sort page  (Read 2178 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
RPG sort page
« on: November 04, 2002, 02:59:05 PM »
Umm I know the 42 will be a little upset about this but I want to get rid of those stones and replace them with text links like what i use to have on the VG page and am going to do for the rest.  The reason why is I don't like the catagories the he made and he left others out that need to be added.  Like decipher.

what I want to change it to is:
D20
Palladium
White Wolf
Decipher
gurps
editorals
freebies (we've got plans for stuff)
house rules (EUOL wants to make his own RPG)

the question is should we sepereate them and make this list
D20
 D&D
 Starwars
White Wolf
 Exalted
Palladuim
 Rifts
 PFRPG
Gurps
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: RPG sort page
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 03:32:00 PM »
like I said on the Tabletop page, I think a dynamic menu with subclasses could be a good thing, but I don't want to go overbaord. With RPGs there's probably too many "others" to list them all in themenu, so we might want to just make categories for the big boys.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 10:29:38 PM »
The house rules is a definite must: we have all created our own little games or added our own inventions to existing games and this would be a cool thing to share.  Another thing I would like to see are member-created classes or prestige classes, although I'm sure that this comes under the d20 heading.  

Oh, and could we make sure to remember all of the wonderful lines put out by this tiny lil' company called TSR back in the days when many of us first picked up a 20-sider?  Basic D&D.  Star Frontiers.  Boot Hill.  Top Secret.  Gangbusters.  Metamorphosis Alpha.  Gamma World.  I'm sure you've all heard of 'em.

;)
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 01:49:57 AM »
If this is cool with everyone I want to remove the charts and replace it with a decipher tag
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 01:30:15 PM »
The charts?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 02:22:43 PM »
ya the "compair different systems" charts that never got made.  Maybe after I learn PHP i'll write a code for it so that it will auto-update with each new article but I'm not going to hold my breath for that one.  Ya anyway I was going to get 42 to make me a new 'stone' for Decipher sence we've got several RPG's from them.  And despite the fact that no one else uses the meta tags I still go fill them out every time a new VG or RPG article is posted.  Go look at the RPG page and you'll see what I'm talking about.   geese you'd think the Editor would know what the deparment pages looked liked  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 02:30:05 PM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 05:10:58 PM »
I usually use meta tags...usually. And honestly, I never really look at the department pages--everything I deal with is top-level stuff, and the website organizes it all into departments without any effort on my part. I'd forgotten about the chart idea (kind of weird anyway, really).

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 12:44:07 AM »
ya hehe I was trying to come up with things to make TWG unique so more people would come.  But after thinking it over to actualy do what I wanted to do will be a pain to code.  There's something about the RPG that bugs me though.  It's that fact that it's the only nice looking deparment page and all the others are blank.  And considering how we have no Graphic Designer anymore I doubt they'll ever get done.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 12:46:40 AM by Spriggan »