Author Topic: Guilty RPG Pleasures  (Read 4137 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty RPG Pleasures
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2003, 09:20:52 PM »
Hey, I liked Attack of the Humans.  It had more cheese than a BK Special Value Meal, but it was simple and fun.  I never played Synnibar, although I DID once briefly own the game.  One game that I DID play, and is usually uttered in the same hushed tone of voice as Synnibar, is a game called Senzar.  It was panned as a munchkin/power gamer's wet dream, but I loved it.  The people who panned it just didn't get the joke: the creators were old power gamers from their teens and were trying to recreate a game that would give players the same feeling they had way back when they had touched more 20-sided dice than they had women.  

Okay, I give up.  What is Fatal?

And does anybody remember Alma Mater, the game that was banned from Gen Con?  I've had some fun with THAT one, too.

Also, Violence by Designer X (AKA Greg Costakyan), another high-octane, low-brainpower favorite.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty RPG Pleasures
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 11:26:12 PM »
Yeah I owned and played Synnabar, not my proudest moment, but dangit it was a munchkin wet dream.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!