Author Topic: Happy Things 2006: Generation X  (Read 34558 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things 2006: Generation X
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2006, 07:18:44 PM »
nah, Im excited...  ;D
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2006, 03:56:38 AM »
Forget the fishes. I'd be more worried about the sharks!

Just hope you don't have any open wounds...
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2006, 04:46:27 PM »
Just a large sucking chest wound... it makes me wheeze.

No it was fun, we showed up this morning to the Patrol boat, only to find it had left due to a snafu... so we got a nice bumpy ride all the way out to the PB on a boat from station little creek, think of that as the bumpiest back road you've ever taken at 60 miles per hour... then we got to the ship and had to climb a 60 foot jacobs ladder to the accommodation ladder and five more stories to get to the bridge after making a sweep of the decks. Oh and did I mention it was 93 and we wear dark blue and were weighed down with 30 pounds of gear plus vests... yay...

so yeah, out of breath...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »
So I'm happy that everyone at the mental health center was happy today. This particularly good since the director called a staff meeting and left me to supervise all the clients (around 60 mentally ill persons).
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »
I'm happy that NCSC had the sense to go over all my BYU classes and that I therefore will not have to take any more English or Humanities classes in pursuit of my nursing degree!  Huzzah!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:47:32 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2006, 10:24:44 AM »
I'm very happy to have a shower with sufficient water pressure. It's like a massage in there. I anxiously look forward to showers now, instead of just using them to get rid of the stink.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2006, 11:17:09 AM »
I'm happy that I gave my manager notice today that I was leaving his employment. He's very mad about it and doesn't have very many nice things to say about me at the moment. Also it's kind of scary to not have any immediate employment offers.

On the other hand, it feels so empowering to let my horrible boss know how bad a manager he has been. Also, I get a chance to catch up on some much, much needed sleep (no more going a week on 8 hours or less). Plus, everything just feels right about this.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2006, 11:23:35 AM »
You've needed to quit that job for ages. Good on ya! Good luck on more employment.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2006, 11:31:30 AM »
Thanks.

And may you find good employment soon too!

(That statement sounds like it should be an everyday greeting, like "hello", or "good morning." "May you find good employment.")
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:31:43 AM by 42 »

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »
Ah, quitting a job you loathe. Now that's something to make any day, not to mention a Monday, happier. Way to go, 42. Hope the job hunt turns up some good stuff.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2006, 07:46:41 PM »
I'm happy that 42 quit his job. Many other relatives of 42 and I have been trying to get him to quit for some time. My parents (which are the same as 42's) were telling me about how happy they were that 42 was quitting. Now he can sleep and then find another job.

Don't worry 42, unemployment is only is only bad if it goes on too long. In fact, unemployment can be very nice for a short time.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2006, 01:46:17 AM »
I am happy because apparently last year they released the impossibly-hard-to-find 80's movie "American Dreamer" on DVD!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007TKHDO/qid=1153197890/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7577522-4800662?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

If only I could remember WHICH of my friends at BYU was in love with this movie and was dying for it to be released on DVD...
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »
The free samples at Whole foods make a nice and free lunch. Which I enjoyed yesterday.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

medrx

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2006, 08:29:36 PM »
Hey all!  Happy things are theater and doing shows that are going to be very cute for your kids or "you kids", whichever you want!  I'm currently doing rehersals for Peter Pan at the Academy of Performing Arts in SLC.  The exact address is 3188 S.  400 E.  It is a community family theater and a great experience!  Come support the theater community between Aug 11th thru Sept 9th, Mon. Fri. and Sat's.  Curtain time is 7:30.  For more info check out the website http://www.academyofpa.org        
or email me!  Argh matey's I get to be a pirate!!!!  (hope this is the right place to post this, I know theater makes me happy!!!!!)  Thanks!
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

chunktile

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
I'm happy because the Animaniacs are finally on DVD! Something to torture my parent's with come Christmas. It might keep the little kids under control as well.  :P
If everyone is different, then no one is the same. With no definition of the normal, aren't we all insane?