Author Topic: Happy Things 2006: Generation X  (Read 35537 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things 2006: Generation X
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2006, 01:33:29 PM »
So I get to go see Cars today, on the first day it's in theaters.

Course, I also get to take three of my nieces with me. I haven't decided if this will be good or bad. Hopefully it will be good.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2006, 05:01:59 PM »
Bad. ;D Just kidding....

As for me, I *finally* picked up the copies of my book, SECONDS. They look freakin' super! Whoooohooo! Now I get to mail them off. Hey, SE, you never gave me your new address. I can just send it when you're all moved. No sense sending one other thing you have to lug to your new place. :P

Anyway, yay! I've even sold four copies. Sweeet.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2006, 01:17:58 PM »
Silly little boys make me laugh (this is my two year old).

What do you think the caption should be?
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2006, 02:03:20 PM »
"Hey Baby, you want to color on me?"
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2006, 12:57:41 AM »
I know it's kind of backwards to be happy about this, but I woke up today to a gentle rain and thunder storms. It cleared up and was sunny this afternoon for a while, but now it's raining again and we're getting a great show of lighting and thunder. So I'm sitting here with all the lights off in my room watching the storm and (finally) getting around to installing Open Office.

"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
So, I am going with a friend to watch E.T. at an outdoor theater at an actual country club. Huh, me, at a country club?! Kinda weird. But at least I'll be doing something suitably nerdy with my Friday night. :)

Edit: Oh, and I'm also debating whether I want to go see a special midnight showing of Serenity here in Boston in honor of Joss's b-day. Sponsored by the New England Brown Coats, no less. Maybe I can round up some people...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:55:49 AM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2006, 12:15:43 PM »
Speaking of suitably nerdy, my friend and I are going to finish up season 7 of Buffy tonight. We didn't even know it was Joss Whedon's birthday, either.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2006, 03:24:23 AM »
Macademia nut butter with raw honey. Oh, heavenly--and healthy! I'll never go back to PB & J again!
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2006, 12:00:52 AM »
I survived my first scout camp as a scoutmaster ;D. Also, all of my scouts survived too. They even have all of their fingers and toes (thanks to superglue).
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:09 AM »
Someone else bought Cheerios by mistake and so not only did I get to eat them, I got the free song from iTunes on the back of the box.  Better than a plastic toy if you ask me.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »
Shrain was in Utah this weekend, and I got to meet her for ice cream. Here's proof! It was fun. We had some laughs, she came to see my house, and she met the demon spawn. Except for the youngest, who was napping at the time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:06:49 PM by MrsNessaC »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
who's who?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »
I'm the tall blonde and Shrain is the cute brunette  :D

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2006, 02:14:03 AM »
I've finally developed several rolls of film that have been hanging around at the bottom of my purse for about six months. Therefore, there are new pictures of old events up at my gallery (norroway.thelemur.net), including pictures of the kitten I got back in March who I named Tildrum.

There are lots and LOTS of kitty pictures in that album, by the way. Sorry for kitty overload, if you get annoyed, but it's your own fault if you click.

Also, I'll be posting pics from LTUE 2006 geekfest night soon. Perhaps not tonight. I walked over seven miles today all told (18,253 steps, to be precise, according to my pedometer) due to 4th of July/Taste of Chicago activities, and I'm about ready to drop. And I have to drive home to Galva in the morning in time for the 4th parade there--I want to check out the high school band and see if they've improved with the new band director. We'll see!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:14:48 AM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 06, 2006, 02:15:00 AM »
Something that could have been very grumpy got turned into a happy thing.

My tire was looking pretty flat on Monday. After work, I went to put air in it--and noticed there was a nail in the tire. Dang! I don't even know how to change a tire.

Luckily, my brother and I had planned to do lunch on the 4th, so he came over and changed the tire for me the next day. He also showed me how to do it (not that it'll mean I can. I tried to unscrew the lugnuts--they wouldn't budge for my puny arms. So I'm still going to need a strong guy to help me). Then he recommended a place to get the tire fixed. I went there today. I was anxious that by driving on the flat I had ruined the tire. Money is tight for the next couple of weeks, as I had to take time off of work for health reasons, and I was sad that I'd even have to pay for the patch, let alone a new tire.

But the tire was fine. And they didn't charge me a thing! I think it's because we'd bought my tires at the same type of car place. Or perhaps because I'm a hot sexy thing, and they got all chivalrous.

Either way, I was really happy.  ;D
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"