Author Topic: Happy Things 2006: Generation X  (Read 35525 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things 2006: Generation X
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2006, 05:45:33 PM »
I am happy because Hondas are valuable enough to fix, rather than just declare totaled. So I will get my car back next week.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2006, 11:17:15 AM »
Cooool, Jeffe. Always nice to have a car that works!

I'm happy because rafting was sweet. Also, I actually went on a date yesterday to see X-Men III. Afterwards, we had a bite to eat and wound up talking about Mistborn. It's funny that he's already heard about EUOL's trilogy. How, you might ask. Well, it turns out that he's a friend of Stacer's. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2006, 12:09:09 PM »
Who? I can only think of a couple people who are still single, and only one of those guys actually asks girls out. Does his name start with a J? If so, he's a great guy.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2006, 01:55:37 PM »
Heh. No, an "R" actually: Ryan. We were talking about how I want my novel to be a stand-alone, which led to talking about marketing. (Ryan thought I was saying that stand-alones do better profit-wise in the long run, yet I was just saying how I'd have a better chance of actually *selling* a stand-alone to a publisher since I'm an unknown writer.) I mentioned EUOL and Elantris as a case in point.

Anyhow, to my surprise, Ryan not only knew about Elantris but had an opinion about the Mistborn trilogy, saying how he'd "heard" it was better than Elantris. So of course I had to ask who his source was! I got rather excited because I thought maybe a new, positive review had come out. lol. Still, it's kind of cool to find out that you're friends with him.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2006, 02:36:08 PM »
Oh! I know who you're talking about! And that's *great* that he's asking girls out! He's so shy. He's a good guy. And actually old roommates with the other guy I was thinking of. Or wait. Old roommate of the current roommate of the guy I was thinking of? Anyway, yeah, really good guy.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2006, 04:00:42 PM »
My daughters are being brought up well.
"When are you going to finish your magazine, papa?" 6 and-a-half year old Elizabeth asked me yesterday.
After some initial confusion she explained that she wanted to see what I was doing with the pictures I took of my action figures.
So I connected Juno, and ten minutes later, when I actually could look at web pages, I pointed them at FPM
She started reading the comics to her sisters, understanding almost none of them.

However, "Galactus hungers!" and "I wanna be Ant-Man" are now favorite quotes among the children of my household.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2006, 08:24:44 PM »
And that's *great* that he's asking girls out! He's so shy.

Thanks. Yeah, I hadn't held out much hope that he'd actually ask me out! I half expected nothing to ever happen. For one thing, he asked my (former) roommate out last year--or tried to, anyhow. Sad to say, even though she wasn't seeing anyone, she said no ... and not in a very tactful way. :( Poor guy. (She swears she didn't flirt with him, but she could've fooled me!) I figured that he might be afraid of more of the same, you know.

Aaanyway, it helped that I invited him to my housewarming/b-day party. Also, I'm just lucky to have a gal friend who put in a few well placed hints when we three and one of his friends went to see The Da Vinci Code last week. Yay for friends! :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 08:25:42 PM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2006, 10:01:05 PM »
I'm happy because summer vacation has officially started!  Yay!
No more homework
No more books.
No more teachers' dirty looks. . .
oh, wait.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2006, 09:47:17 AM »
I'm happy because there's only three more days of school left (counting today)! I'm also happy because I am finally able to get on the computer in the morning and just relax instead of having to worry about doing homework. And to make it better I pulled it off with a 3.0, which even though it isn't as high as I would have liked it's still good (especially when you compare it to my family).
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2006, 10:41:12 PM »
WhooHoo! My little brother got his mission call this morning--he's off to the capital of El Salvador! Bueno!
--Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2006, 11:05:18 PM »
si es mus bueno...

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »
Hey, thanks, Jeffe. :D

(BTW, your typos are awesome. I love how "muy" became "mus" even though the "s" isn't even a right-hand key like "y" is. lol)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:44:00 AM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2006, 02:27:21 AM »
Even though I accidentally cut my hair way too short, it still looks pretty good.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2006, 11:36:36 AM »
Sometimes you get more than you bargained for--and it's awesome. When I called my new landlord to see if he could do a spring cleaning of the old A/C in my place, since it's super dusty, etc., he said how about a new one? With a remote. Sweet! So he's going to come doublecheck the measurements and order a brand new one. Hooray!!
--Spriggan

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2006, 07:27:18 PM »
Two days late, but who's counting?

Schools out! Prepare for screwing around all summer! Hooray!
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.