Author Topic: Newish Books I bought  (Read 7381 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Newish Books I bought
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2003, 08:01:06 AM »
I prefer to buy new. I prefer to get as good quality as i can. I distrust ebay and its ilk, and i can't be bothered with mailordering when i can get a bus into town instead.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2003, 10:09:42 PM »
1) ebay and Amazon aren't remotely the same thing, except that both use web sites to sell things.

2) "used" on amazon can often mean "new, but not ever entered our warehouse." Which is how I got my WFRPG. It's worth checking out.

3) I can't be bothered bussing into town when I can order Online and my butt never leaves my chair.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2003, 05:07:58 PM »
I got my copy of Inquisitor from Ebay, as mentioned.  It was marked as new and true to word, it was.  Hadn't even been opened before.  For $10.  Now there's some GW prices I can deal with!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2003, 05:33:10 PM »
Well, i just looked on amazon. They sell it new for £19, and used for £17.

Seeing as how i bought it new for £20, and i would have to pay P&p, i think i will stick with the FLGS.

And i refuse to go anywhere near Ebay.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »
Eh. Win some, lose some I suppose. I got WFRPG on amazon for $18 (think the cover is closer to twice that, but I have the book at work, so I couldn't tell ya.

I got the three core GURPS books for ~$30, which for three books isn't bad at all.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2003, 07:31:14 AM »
Yeah. They do not seem to have Realm of sorcery, which is poo since i really want that now. The magic in warhammer is rather more deadly to the user than is usual for magic systems, so i am interested to see how it works in RoS.

Fellfrosch