Author Topic: TWG New Years party 2005  (Read 33600 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
TWG New Years party 2005
« on: December 13, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »
It's official, the TWG New Years party this year is coming up soon.

When: Dec 31st (Saturday)
Where: The Cotton Tree in Provo
Time: TBA
What: Come hang out with your fellow Utah TWGers to celebrate the end of the year and play fun games!
Food: Depending on the number of people we might be able to do Pizza Factory with the CT employee discount.  You will have to pay, but it'll be like $2-$3.  People are also encouraged to bring drinks and snacks.

--------------

Not sure on a time this year?  What's good for everyone?  I was thinking 8pm-1am would be a good time.

So let me know if you think you can come and what time would be good.

Thanks
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: TWG New Years party 2005
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 04:18:50 PM »
I vote you delay it a day.  I'm driving up to Provo/Orem on the first.  =/
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »
It wouldn't be much of a New Year's party if it's after the New Year.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 09:03:08 PM »
But do you want to have another TWG thing that week, JadeKnight?  Cause I'm coming back to Provo from Cali on the 2nd, and I'd like to meet you.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 11:35:48 PM »
That'd be fine with me.  Give me a tentative date beforehand so I can make sure it isn't the day my Dad wants to celebrate Christmas with us.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 02:46:36 AM »
Yeah, we'll have to get some people together...
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 01:26:05 PM »
It's too bad neither of you won't be here for the 1st, but as you've mentioned that doesn't mean there can't be a get together sometime in January.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 01:32:14 PM »
Chinese New Year, Jan 29th.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 02:55:46 AM »
If things go well, I'll be back at the Y come Winter.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 12:37:25 AM »
So how are things looking for folks?

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 12:51:23 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. I haven't met a lot of you fellow TWGers yet. So it'll be cool to put faces to names. (Though I'll probably only be able to drop by for an hour or two.)

Edit: I can bring a few bucks for pizza. I could bring some mixed nuts or paper plates, too. Whatever would be good. :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:53:56 AM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 01:08:24 AM »
Ok that sounds good.

Still not sure on the Pizza thing, but I think we should be able to do it, the problem is we're limited to only a certain amount of Pizza per employee now instead of all we want.  But since both me and 42 will be there (and possibly El's roommate who also works at the Cotton Tree) we could get 2-3 large pizzas.

Also considering the possible people that would show (some are still on the maybe list) are me, 42, Fell, Tage, EUOL, Micha, Eagle Prince, Harbringer and now Shrain that should be fine.  I've also heard rumors that Stacer might be in Utah this weekend.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 12:33:55 PM »
I considered it, because I'm only four hours away at this point, but I think it's probably best for me to head home on Friday instead, and have a little time at home before I have to go back to work on Tuesday.

EDIT: I have some friends down there who are also having a party Friday night, which makes me think perhaps a weekend o' parties might be fun (not that one TWG party wouldn't be fun!--I just worried about having a place to stay, truthfully). I mean, what would I do at home, anyway? I'd probably do something boring like the laundry. But all the TWG girls are away for the holidays, so it'd depend on if these other girls had room for me to crash. We'll see. I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:53:00 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 01:36:05 PM »
I haven't committed to this yet, but it's looking like it will work out fine. I'll bring an assortment of games, and I have many magic decks; I can also bring Pirates (the Wizkids game), which is much improved from its first set and could be a lot of fun.

Stacer, we have a room and a couch for you, and you are welcome to stay with us if you want; you might get pressed into a game of Candyland with Audrey, but that's not necessarily a downside.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 01:48:31 PM »
Fell, that's really nice of you guys. I think I'll take you up on it. I'd love to play Candyland with Audrey. That would imply that I'd get to meet her at last. :) (The kids were in bed when we came by last time.)

Oh, and I have a bunch of SW minis that I brought to teach my old roommate how to play, so I can bring those. Sadly, I forgot my AT-AT. I also brought Settlers, which I don't think we're going to have a chance to play up here.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing